What do you think about oats...?

124»

Replies

• FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    I am avoiding grains and personally never found the stuff very filling. Whenever I ate it, I was hungry shortly after. It seems to be working for others though, which is great :)
  • comtoc
    comtoc Posts: 3 Member
    I set up my Instant Pot every night with oats, cinnamon or pie spice mix, and either raisins, chopped apple, or frozen Maine blueberries and set it to cook the oats a bit before we get up. This feeds the whole family. Occasionally, I'll do pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and walnuts, but my daughter doesn't like it. My older daughter likes a smoothie of cauliflower, spinach, frozen berries, and raw oatmeal. It's very filling.

But, I'm really here for the savory oats. LOVE oats made with broth and spinach and a pinch of salt. Sometimes black beans and salsa on top. Or a fried egg. Or feta cheese. Or strips of ham and cheese. Or tomato and bit of shredded mozz.

Oatmeal is pretty low in calories, overall, and you can adjust the portion you eat to fit your goals. And, there are tons of low- and super-low-calorie ways to dress it up that are healthful and filling. And tons of higher-calorie ways to help hit your goals when you are low.

I buy so much oatmeal! Lol!
  • I eat my oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon and a banana. Sometimes i use brown sugar instead of a banana. I love oatmeal.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Perfect timing, as I'm enjoying a piping hot bowl of oatmeal made with almond milk, cinnamon, 1tbps of maple syrup, 1tbsp of unsweetened almond butter, some thawed frozen peach slices and a splash of vanilla extract.