Struggling

Options
I joined here after getting engaged last winter. I started in January and had lost 40 pounds by May. I have completely fallen apart in my weight loss goals. Now my wedding is a month away and I am trying so hard to get back on track. Fortunately, I have kept off all but a couple of pounds that I lost last spring. I need to lose more. I want to feel beautiful on my wedding day. I'm worried and I only have myself to blame. I am so lacking the drive I had before. I started a new job, moved, and finishing planning a wedding, and am still trying to unpack. I sprained my ankle badly the last weekend in July at the gym. I am just not getting back to working out. I really feel like I can't do this. :-(

Replies

• igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Yes you can! You lost 40 lbs in 5 months. That is so awesome! Maybe take it step by step, start with your diet and then work up to exercise. You will look beautiful on your big day and every other day :) It probably seems like a surmountable wall, but just think about taking each step one at a time. I believe you can :)
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: oh girl, you are already beautiful and will make a gorgeous bride.. Stay focused and YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Personally, in your situation I would turn the majority of my focus to eating healthy- all of those factors in your life are a lot of stress and with proper and controlled fueling I bet you could easily continue to lose without a specific workout (I mean there are a couple of different ways to live out an 'active lifestyle' and it can change based on where your life is). Then once things settle a bit, you can start up working out, knowing full well you have your eating habits in check.

Just my opinion- but as the girl who has barely gotten a run or two in a week this month because of moving and travelling, perhaps I'm a little biased :smile:
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree take it step by step...start with food intake first then add some movement. But you are BEAUTIFUL & will be a BEAUTIFUL bride as well. Don't stress either. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Anastarr
    Options
    I have reached 50 pounds lost and now am trying to reach the last 48 pounds you can do this. Eat more fruit!!! And stay away from people who eat out too much. Also dont let everything overwhelm you. I'm partly going through the same situation. Think of your dress and how stunning you will be on your day. Breath honey your fine!:flowerforyou:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I agree take it step by step...start with food intake first then add some movement. But you are BEAUTIFUL & will be a BEAUTIFUL bride as well. Don't stress either. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Totally agree^

You've done so well, don't give up now sweetie.
    You CAN do it and you've proven that you can, by the weight you've already lost. =)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I am going through a similar feeling as you. I have lost much of my motivation. However, I am still losing weight, and no matter what I make sure to log my calories, even if I don't want to. This keeps me in touch with my goals. But I often start to drift into, it would be ok to eat some chips here or some dessert there. It's a very slippery slop after that.

The most important thing is to realize that you hit a wall, acknowledge that, and ask yourself, is this where I want to be in my goal? If the answer is no, ask yourself, why it is no. This may help you remember why you chose to do this and motivate you the way you where at the beginning of your weight lose goal. Also, ask your fiance for help. That is what I did with my wife. It has helped. So has these forums. But when I feel this way, I just tell myself, it is a wall, the difference between success and failure is knowing when you hit a wall, then pushing past the wall and moving on. That is what I do. Sometimes I just have to tell myself no, no more falling off (which I've done atleast 3 times), stay focused on my goals. That is when I realized having goals is very important.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think I fell off about the same time as you! However, I gained a bunch of the weight back and just started Monday to get that back off. I started with getting my food inline first which has gone okay so far. Next step is exercise. I feel like both at the same time can be too much! Don't get down on yourself! You have done great! I am very impressed that you haven't gained like me! GO YOU!!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that weight loss is mostly about your diet and less about your exercise. Exercise is for toning and muscle development. Focus on your eating; eat healthy, cut out the junk and keep your calories at your goal and you'll continue to lose weight. Don't be tempted to eat less (crash diet) or you'll undermine your efforts. Keep at it, find your motivation, let your ankle fully heal and remember.... you are beautiful and it's the happiest day of your life. Do not let a few extra pounds ruin that for you. Your fiance loves you for who you are, he won't love you more because you lost a few extra pounds.
  • Sonaew
    Sonaew Posts: 6
    Options
    Let me start by saying congratulations on your engagement. :happy: You should try planning healthy meals and snacks and try exercising 30 minutes 3 times a week. Find a friend that you can buddy with the exercising. She will motivate you and you can motivate her. You sound very busy, which means you really have to get your exercise time in so that you don't go into stress overload. It will all work out. You've just got to organize and plan your time.