Spoonies and Chronic Pain support thread

Options
2»

Replies

• vesseyfamily
    vesseyfamily Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bless your hearts. Hang in there and don't give up. One day at a time.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Me too. Fibromyalgia, Sarcoidosis, Psoriasis, Raynaud's Syndrome and PCOS. Currently going through more tests.
  • vesseyfamily
    vesseyfamily Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me on MFP, Fitbit or Facebook and we can encourage each other.
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/7HQ3ZC
  • jonezy444
    jonezy444 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Osteospinal arthritis, herniated discs, endometriosis and depression here! Let’s ride this struggle bus together 😂😂
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Danibrss wrote: »
    Anyone here with chronic pain? I'd love to get a support thread going.

About me: I have a herniated disc, fibromyalgia, inflammation, GI issues, etc. This all started claiming my body around 27, but the last year has been the absolute hardest. I wasn't even 30 yet and walking with a cane. I have a great doctor now, and we're getting there, but my quality of life still isn't what it should be at 30.

My goal is different than most on here. I don't care how many pounds I lose per week or if I miss tracking a meal. I just want to feel alive again and capable of moving and doing the things I enjoy.

We are limited in what we can do, but we CAN do things and that's what I want to think about, because thinking about what I can't do is depressing.

I would love to meet fellow spoonies or anyone recovering from injury.

@Danibrss I was diagnosed with autoimmune Psoriatic Arthritis in 2014 and I am now stronger than ever! I take 40mg of Humira every two weeks. The 9 months of Prednisone and Methotrexate gave me Type 2 Diabetes and I take synthroid for Hypothyroidism.

Feel free to add me warrior!

Cheers!
    Donnie
  • mrdvswolf
    mrdvswolf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me it's chronic lower back and leg pain from an auto accident about 2yrs ago. A simple walk around the neighborhood will cause things to light up like a bad lighting storm. Through physical therapy, I've found some exercises I can do that don't aggravate the problem. I'll push the boundaries and try other exercises every now and then to see if I can do more. While it's been slow going, as far as the progress I'd like to see, I feel better by doing what I can vs. just sitting/laying around.