Obese and Depressed

2»

Replies

• UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    What an amazing transformation! You look wonderful. Well done. Just posting here you are likely helping others who feel hopeless.

Awww thank youuu, Honestly if even one person gains hope by my little transformation, that’ll make my day/ month / life . I look forward to change myself and inspire people everyday 💜

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Holy moley you look amazing. Great job on losing the weight

I hope you have found some help for the depression too. We're not just here for a healthy body s healthy mind is just as important. If not more so
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    SnifterPug wrote: »
    Fantastic. Next time you go on holiday and are lugging that suitcase about, take a moment to realise that you have lost the weight of that case!

Hahah aww thank you , I will keep that in mind
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Holy moley you look amazing. Great job on losing the weight

I hope you have found some help for the depression too. We're not just here for a healthy body s healthy mind is just as important. If not more so

I kinda did , I feel so much better now mentally. Thanks love
  • melking1969
    melking1969 Posts: 12 Member
    Good Morning...I am new here, but wanted to check in and see how you are feeling? I am Melanie.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    You're a beauty either way! Keep smiling!
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Amazing 🥰, how long it takes to lose weight?? I’m here trying to lose weight and you really inspired me, thank you!
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    mhassan160 wrote: »
    Amazing 🥰, how long it takes to lose weight?? I’m here trying to lose weight and you really inspired me, thank you!

Hiii, it took me 9 months to drop 20kg. I didn’t follow any specific diet , I took it really slow and it worked kinda. I’m glad this inspired you :smiley: good luck with your journey 😍
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 522 Member
    You've done beautifully. I'm so glad you're feeling better.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Zinka61 wrote: »
    You've done beautifully. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Thank youuuu 💜

• StephieK74
    StephieK74 Posts: 11 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I lost my husband to ALS last year. After that, I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression and ptsd. I moped for a couple of months, living off of pizza and chinese take-out.

I woke up one morning and decided that I wanted to be healthier. I saw my doctor, got a prescription to help me, and got started.

I'm now down 30 pounds and my anxiety and depression symptoms have lessened.

I take it one day at a time. I set goals of the next 5 pounds so I'm always motivated.

Good luck with your journey!

Lynda,
    I couldn't keep scrolling without sending some love. I lost my grandmother to ALS and we were here primary caregiver until she passed. I was the only one with her when she did, I understand the journey and the loss. Praying for you, and so proud of how you have picked yourself up... he's proud too.
  • melc2910
    melc2910 Posts: 26 Member
    Hey, I have bad depression and post traumatic stress disorder. I stacked on the weight because of emotional eating. I find that sitting outside in the sun helps, having baths too at night. I’m Mel I’m from Australia, I’ll add you we can be friends
  • trellabella
    trellabella Posts: 4 Member
    How can we support each other?
  • ah97113
    ah97113 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I'm Roxanne. Your post really struck with me because I was and sort of still am in the state of hiding because of my wieght. I was very depressed for a long time, I've battled depression and wieght issues my whole life. I have been able to see the link between the 2 a lot clearer now and am working on improving both. My best advise to you is to take the take to work on yourself, identify what has gotten you to the way you are feeling and take baby steps or if all in works for you then go for that. Depression and mental health play a huge role in our overall health, so it's not uncommon to be "Obese and depressed". You are on the right path, opening up is the hardest part. I wish you the best, and don't give up.