High protein snacks?

Hello everyone I’m new here so still getting my head around this. I’ve read to eat high protein snacks which will help starve off hunger. Can anyone offer any assistance on these and what they include in thier daily diet?

Replies

• Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    edited December 2019
    My afternoon snack now is cottage cheese, with one stevia packet and teaspoon of cinnamon. High protein, low cal and very filling. After gym class in morning, a hard boiled egg is so easy to bring along especially if I have a lot of errands to run. I will see if can find a wonderful spreadsheet a fantastic MFP member put together of protein values, it helped me figure out how to increase my protein. After tracking for several weeks when I started, I realized I was undereating protein and needed to double my consumption. I feel much better and have increased muscle strength. Many people also eat nuts, I add seeds, such as flax, chia, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower etc... to recipes to increase protein. Good Luck.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Jerky
    Single serving tunas pouches
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    I am not sure how to link the thread but here is the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12LrMGp8HiWl2FW-odoexKBMxeDTMUhwd4ooT6VoolJk/edit#gid=0
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I am a big fan of cottage cheese. I either eat it plain, with a bit of cinnamon, or topped with some Captain Crunch cereal (yes you read that right, it's amazing)
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    I have been using a variety of high quality protein bars, shakes and chips like Optavia products (order) and Pure, One, Olly (in stores). Don’t forget fiber is also a filling ingredient. Has worked well for me as a meal replacement or an in between meal snack. Good luck!
  • drhourani
    drhourani Posts: 2 Member
    ksaville30.... look onto the recipes provided in the BLOGS, they are wonderful. You can find recipes for protein muffins and puddings loaded with protein. I have tried many of them.
  • My high protein snacks include greek yogurt cups (usually with a banana or apple), edamame, hard boiled eggs, peanut butter pretzel snacks, protein bars (I eat the ones from Costco - 21g of protein, low calorie, and low sugar FTW!), egg white bites, string cheese, hummus. There's a ton of great options! I put paprika and onion powder on my cottage cheese for a savory snack too!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I am a big fan of cottage cheese. I either eat it plain, with a bit of cinnamon, or topped with some Captain Crunch cereal (yes you read that right, it's amazing)

what brand of cottage cheese do you like??
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Love all these ideas! Thanks for sharing & I’ll bookmark in case more are added. 😁
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    I take an egg, scrambled and cook it flat like a pancake, then scramble a second egg with some garlic and then put it inside the flat egg with some ham and eat it like a wrap.