You're uglier than you think

Options

Replies

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    The internet already taught me this lesson a loooooooooooooooooong *kitten* time ago. Especially when you get consistently passed over on multiple occasions.

Also, this article posted is from 2013.

"If AMIHotOrNot.com taught me anything...."

The internet is a big, beautiful, destructive machine that's probably deadlier than...I dunno, something deadly, but whatever. Keep the cat videos rolling and let me stare and drool my way to the grave
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    The internet already taught me this lesson a loooooooooooooooooong *kitten* time ago. Especially when you get consistently passed over on multiple occasions.

So I'm uglier than I thought I was 6 years ago?
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »

*Dove* thinks you're beautiful 6 years ago, focus on the positive!
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

*Dove* thinks you're beautiful 6 years ago, focus on the positive!

I need Dove to take me back? Calgon takes me away. . .
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

The internet is a big, beautiful, destructive machine that's probably deadlier than...I dunno, something deadly, but whatever. Keep the cat videos rolling and let me stare and drool my way to the grave

Wait.. was that actually a thing? I like to hang out in places that post cute animals and funny stuff so chances are I have preferred to live under a rock all these years. If that was the alternative, I think I made the correct choice. :lol:
  • KosmosKitten
    edited December 2019
    Options

Too early for this level of thinking, yo.
  • Reckoner68
    Options

Wait.. was that actually a thing? I like to hang out in places that post cute animals and funny stuff so chances are I have preferred to live under a rock all these years. If that was the alternative, I think I made the correct choice. :lol:

It was an old site, I dunno if it's still around. You'd rate people's pictures. Seemed like a really fast and surefire way to play Russian roulette with extra bullets with your self-esteem, at least for dudes like me
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

It was an old site, I dunno if it's still around. You'd rate people's pictures. Seemed like a really fast and surefire way to play Russian roulette with extra bullets with your self-esteem, at least for dudes like me

So much eww with that. I think it would wreak havoc with a female's self-esteem as much as it would a male's, honesty. Ain't no one got time for that type of negativity in their life. Yeesh.
  • Reckoner68
    Options

So much eww with that. I think it would wreak havoc with a female's self-esteem as much as it would a male's, honesty. Ain't no one got time for that type of negativity in their life. Yeesh.

I googled to see if it was still around and 1) it is and 2) the articles were getting dangerously close to "thinkpieces" so I left before my brain splintered
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I googled to see if it was still around and 1) it is and 2) the articles were getting dangerously close to "thinkpieces" so I left before my brain splintered

Probably for the best. I can't imagine that being good for either your psyche or your intelligence.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    having recently lost some more weight I'm thinking I need to downsize my sack.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I think its a waste of a study. It proves nothing. I personally believe physically i am a type. Some will find me attractive, some will find me meh, and some will find me repulsive. I have a decent opinion of myself so to some i think too highly of myself, and to others I should think higher. Its really just pseudo science that has no real conclusion in my opinion. Perception is reality.

Agree 100% with the bold.

Depends on the trend du jour also. I would have been soooo hawt in the 1920s flapper era, or the 60s Twiggy era. I'm just profoundly grateful that I was too old to care about meeting the latest standard of feminine beauty long before Kardashian butts came along, that would definitely have made me feel inadequate as a young woman.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I think that there's a lot of factors to consider, more than the parameters they've set.
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I don’t think I’m that great looking at all. Sure the right angle taking a pic can do wonders. But when it comes down to it... looking in the mirror every day I see nothing but flaws ... so yea on the uglier scale myself
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Doesn't it all come down to self-esteem & ego?

I've met stunningly gorgeous women who only talk about the bump on their nose, when no one on the planet would ever see it & vice versa... hairy, hobbling hobbits, but not as gorgeous, who check themselves out regularly & think they're museum portrait worthy.

Beauty in others is subjective. I mean, Danny Devito married Rhea Pearlman & they procreated & were happily married for decades. They obviously found each other attractive although I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they had the hots for either.

Besides, we're all pretty in our own ways... well, except some people. :smiley: