SAHMU 60 Day Challenge * Week 6* (closed Group)

Options
12346»

Replies

• SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you and your family!! I can only imagine how hard that must be to deal with. I agree about healing within the families if it's at all possible.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    +
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I actually had a great week (such a change from the +1 last week!)

MFP Start:157
    SAHMU Start: 154
    Week 1: 153
    Week 2: 150.4
    Week 3: 150.2
    Week 4: 148.6
    Week 5: 149
    Week 6: 146.4
    This Week: -2.6

OH and I'm down 8 INCHES this week too!

linake11 : I am so sorry to hear that, my thoughts go out to you and your family!
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok girls, got a lot on my little brain lately.
    Since, I believe it was Augutst 2009, my family has been struggling, with a choice that my brother, who lives in Florida made, that changed all our lives forever. At the time, he was 40 years old. He has a young son who is now 4, and has a rocky marriage to his wife.
    My parents got a phone call from him at about 3:00 in the morning, stating that he had been arrested. He had gotten behind the wheel of his car at about 1 am, after getting in a fight with his wife, and had gone drinking. He struck the back of a truck that was parked on the side of the road while entering an on ramp. There were 3 people in the truck. The driver who was only 22 at the time, was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle killing him instantly. My brother was arrested for DUI Manslaughter.
    After learning of this incident from my parents, I became very depressed and extremely upset at him. When I was 18, my best friend was killed by an imparied driver. Now to have this happen in my family is all to much for me to deal with.
    Since 2009, my brother has lost his job due to extreme depression and harrassment from other co-workers. He lost his home, and his wife and son.
    He had his trial in May of this year, in which he was found guilty of DUI manslaughter. He was then arrested again and now had to wait for his sentencing. Well yesterday he had his sentencing hearing, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
    I'm extremely overwhelmed at all that has happened these past 2 years.
    In no way am I justifying anything that he did.
    What he did was wrong. I know it, my family knows it, and he knows it.
    We can only imagine what the other family is going through, and have extreme sympathy for them with all of our being, and wished none of it had ever happened. It's all a TERRIBLE nightmare that none of us can wake up from.
    Words cannot express the pain we feel for them.
    My brother's trial has been on the news in his hometown, and my family is just devastated at everything that has unfolded from all of this. We hurt so badly for both sides. To lose a family member is extremely painful. Having a family member who took that life away is indescribable. Having to live with the consequences of what happened has broken our family into shattered little pieces that I don't think we will ever be able to put back together.
    My heart is broken.
    I'm devastated, embarassed, and ashamed he was so careless.
    He took something that can never be replaced.
    Our family strongly believes that he had to be punished just as if it were anyone else.
    Thank you for letting me talk about this.
    My heart is broken for both families.

Have you spoken to the other family? Healing needs to happen for both families, and maybe they need to hear this from you as much as you need to say it.
    Although, I can't say I understand what you are going thru, I can relate to having to deal with a family members actions that cause damage to others, it's not easy. I'm so sorry that you and your family are going thru such a horrible thing, and although I don't pray, my thoughts will be with you and your family, and the other family, that you my all find your way through this.

I haven't asked my parents if they have had any contact with them. I myself have not.
    There is a part of me that wants to say somthing to them. But what? What can I say that hasn't already been said.
    I'm just lost for words in this all together really.
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello there fellow mommies!!! Hope everyone is doing great :-) I just wanted to say that this weeks challenges have been good nice simple but effective! I need to make some personal adjustments for health reasons but the drive and want are there. I think we all have done awesome and though some of us had or have faced some adversities we seem to be sticking strong andthats awesome! I hope to continue to receive and give support even after the challenge. All of you though we might be on different teams or we might not relate as much, are all an inspiration to me. Thank you!

On a seperate note: Teams Green and Orange are on the ball!!! Thats awesome! Good luck to all teams..LEts all keep up the good work!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Blue Team Totals Week 6.....

Stacey= 16pts
    Devin=16pts
    Melanie= 13pts
    Jennifer=16pts
    Julissa= 13pts
    Total Team Points: 74!! + 1 Team Point for all completing Emotional Challenge= 75 pts total!!

Weight Loss:
    Stacey: 0 :(
    Devin: -0.8lbs
    Melanie: 0
    Jennifer: - 2lb
    Julissa: -0.4

Total Team Loss: -3.2lbs.....better than nothing!!

Calories Burned:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nooo! Can't believe there's a committment challenge the one week I go on holiday and won't be able to get online every day! I normally come on every single day! Oh dear!

Have done my emotional challenge already, written myself a note and stuck it on the mirror. I also have a necklace that someone brought me that says 'Yummy Mummy' on it. I've always felt stupid wearing it but now I'm going to start wearing it all the time and tell myself that I deserve the title!!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Ok girls, got a lot on my little brain lately.
    Since, I believe it was Augutst 2009, my family has been struggling, with a choice that my brother, who lives in Florida made, that changed all our lives forever. At the time, he was 40 years old. He has a young son who is now 4, and has a rocky marriage to his wife.
    My parents got a phone call from him at about 3:00 in the morning, stating that he had been arrested. He had gotten behind the wheel of his car at about 1 am, after getting in a fight with his wife, and had gone drinking. He struck the back of a truck that was parked on the side of the road while entering an on ramp. There were 3 people in the truck. The driver who was only 22 at the time, was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle killing him instantly. My brother was arrested for DUI Manslaughter.
    After learning of this incident from my parents, I became very depressed and extremely upset at him. When I was 18, my best friend was killed by an imparied driver. Now to have this happen in my family is all to much for me to deal with.
    Since 2009, my brother has lost his job due to extreme depression and harrassment from other co-workers. He lost his home, and his wife and son.
    He had his trial in May of this year, in which he was found guilty of DUI manslaughter. He was then arrested again and now had to wait for his sentencing. Well yesterday he had his sentencing hearing, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
    I'm extremely overwhelmed at all that has happened these past 2 years.
    In no way am I justifying anything that he did.
    What he did was wrong. I know it, my family knows it, and he knows it.
    We can only imagine what the other family is going through, and have extreme sympathy for them with all of our being, and wished none of it had ever happened. It's all a TERRIBLE nightmare that none of us can wake up from.
    Words cannot express the pain we feel for them.
    My brother's trial has been on the news in his hometown, and my family is just devastated at everything that has unfolded from all of this. We hurt so badly for both sides. To lose a family member is extremely painful. Having a family member who took that life away is indescribable. Having to live with the consequences of what happened has broken our family into shattered little pieces that I don't think we will ever be able to put back together.
    My heart is broken.
    I'm devastated, embarassed, and ashamed he was so careless.
    He took something that can never be replaced.
    Our family strongly believes that he had to be punished just as if it were anyone else.
    Thank you for letting me talk about this.
    My heart is broken for both families.

Have you spoken to the other family? Healing needs to happen for both families, and maybe they need to hear this from you as much as you need to say it.
    Although, I can't say I understand what you are going thru, I can relate to having to deal with a family members actions that cause damage to others, it's not easy. I'm so sorry that you and your family are going thru such a horrible thing, and although I don't pray, my thoughts will be with you and your family, and the other family, that you my all find your way through this.

I haven't asked my parents if they have had any contact with them. I myself have not.
    There is a part of me that wants to say somthing to them. But what? What can I say that hasn't already been said.
    I'm just lost for words in this all together really.

Sometimes it's not what you say, it's the fact that you say something. Sometimes people just need to know that they are not alone, that they aren't the only ones hurting.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello there fellow mommies!!! Hope everyone is doing great :-) I just wanted to say that this weeks challenges have been good nice simple but effective! I need to make some personal adjustments for health reasons but the drive and want are there. I think we all have done awesome and though some of us had or have faced some adversities we seem to be sticking strong andthats awesome! I hope to continue to receive and give support even after the challenge. All of you though we might be on different teams or we might not relate as much, are all an inspiration to me. Thank you!

On a seperate note: Teams Green and Orange are on the ball!!! Thats awesome! Good luck to all teams..LEts all keep up the good work!

I am so glad to read that you are still there with your drive and want! And definitely, you will receive support from me after the challenge (send a friend request :wink: )! We all need support to make it through any challenge; thank YOU for yours!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was MIA on a trip to Yosemite back packing, so here is my "catch up" stats for the end of Week 6:

MO 8/29
    NUTRITION:
    Under calories = 49 cals under
    EXERCISE:
    25 Tricep Dips with Bent Knees
    CALORIES BURNED = 400

TU 8/30
    NUTRITION:
    Under Fat = 3 g under
    CARDIO:
    Hiking, climbing hill (20# load) 240 min.
    EXERCISE:
    Hiking, climbing hill (20# load) 240 min.
    Superman pose - 5 reps, 30 seconds
    CALORIES BURNED = 2053

Week 6 WEIGHT = 154.5