Calories in this meal?

Options
Can anyone here maybe roughly estimate the amount of calories in this? I have no tool to weigh my food but still want a rough estimate thank you! xjgahutx7q5f.jpg

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    It would help if you described it. Is that chicken or fish on lettuce and half of a 12-inch flour tortilla? Is there any sauce?

When the food diary starts working again, I suggest you choose individual ingredients as close as you can and log that.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yes, we could estimate your calories better if you at least let us know exactly what the ingredients are and amounts.

Here is my guess, not knowing if it was chicken or something else, and assuming it was lettuce.

1/2 large flour tortilla 135 calories
    1 cup of lettuce 7 calories
    2 ounces of roasted chicken 93 calories
    Total 235 calories
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Also, does your meal include the fruit pictured on the tablecloth? 😂

Seriously though, tell us what it is, it’s impossible to make any half-way accurate estimation without knowing what’s there and how it was cooked. Fried in a vat of oil? Steamed? How big the tortilla thing is?

As an aside - genuine curiosity, why do so many pictures of food in American homes show food on disposable paper plates? Not just here, but I see it on TV programmes too and elsewhere on the internet. Is it just a cultural difference or is there some specific reason?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Can anyone here maybe roughly estimate the amount of calories in this? I have no tool to weigh my food but still want a rough estimate thank you! xjgahutx7q5f.jpg

• Starryskyofdreams
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    It would help if you described it. Is that chicken or fish on lettuce and half of a 12-inch flour tortilla? Is there any sauce?

When the food diary starts working again, I suggest you choose individual ingredients as close as you can and log that.

Seriously though, tell us what it is, it’s impossible to make any half-way accurate estimation without knowing what’s there and how it was cooked. Fried in a vat of oil? Steamed? How big the tortilla thing is?

As an aside - genuine curiosity, why do so many pictures of food in American homes show food on disposable paper plates? Not just here, but I see it on TV programmes too and elsewhere on the internet. Is it just a cultural difference or is there some specific reason?
    GreenValli wrote: »
    Yes, we could estimate your calories better if you at least let us know exactly what the ingredients are and amounts.

Here is my guess, not knowing if it was chicken or something else, and assuming it was lettuce.

Total 235 calories

Sorry for having to quote it like this, I hope that tagged everyone mentioned, I'm new to this app so I'm not sure how it works! But the whole tortilla was a white large tortilla coming in at 220 calories, and I cut it in half, there was no condiments on it at all, the type of lettuce I used was iceberg, and the chicken was baked chicken my mom cooked last night. I'm not exactly sure what she uses, I'm certain she uses butter in it though to cook it and seasonings
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »

GreenValli wrote: »

Total 235 calories

Sorry for having to quote it like this, I hope that tagged everyone mentioned, I'm new to this app so I'm not sure how it works! But the whole tortilla was a white large tortilla coming in at 220 calories, and I cut it in half, there was no condiments on it at all, the type of lettuce I used was iceberg, and the chicken was baked chicken my mom cooked last night. I'm not exactly sure what she uses, I'm certain she uses butter in it though to cook it and seasonings

In that case I would guess ~200 calories: 110 for the tortilla, 10 for the lettuce, and the remainder for chicken cooked with fat (butter or oil).
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’d guess closer to 300 because that looks like the larger half of a round tortilla and I’m thinking that butter plus chicken (guessing about 75g there) is more than the 80 cals guessed above.