Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Restaurant Serving Size

How many cups of pasta are usually served by a restaurant? I’m going to a restaurant and ordering zucchini linguine with marinara sauce and grilled chicken and trying to determine an estimate of the amount of calories.

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Totally dependent on the individual restaurant. You may be able to find more info on their website.
  • jaredsk1573
    jaredsk1573 Posts: 9 Member
    Totally dependent on the individual restaurant. You may be able to find more info on their website.

I know but what do you think is an estimate. I suppose most serve around 3.5-4 cups, but want to confirm.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited December 2019
    You’ll know when you see it. Eyeball it and log accordingly.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member

I know but what do you think is an estimate. I suppose most serve around 3.5-4 cups, but want to confirm.

Your best bet is to compare it to a similar dish from a chain restaurant. You can't usually compare it to plain cooked pasta, as there will likely be sauce, butter, etc to add flavor (and calories)