Friends!

I had an eating disorder for 5 or so years as a teenager and kind of forgot about food after I recovered because it was easier not to think about it. But I still struggle with depression so my diet has by no means been good since then and I've gained around 20lbs over the past year. I was already on the thicker side because my weight has been creeping up for years but I weighed myself recently and was surprised to find out I'm now classed as overweight. I've been aware of the weight gain - I've gone up a dress size in the past few months and I look horrible in my old clothes but it didn't really feel real until a few weeks ago.

First and foremost I want to get back to a healthy weight as soon as possible because being overweight is proving to be really hard for me. After that I want to lose those 20lbs to get back to my 'normal' weight but for obvious reasons I'm trying not to care about what the scale says and instead get back to a place where I feel confident enough to wear the clothes I used to.

As for my diet I'm not sure what works for me yet. So far I've never been able to lose weight properly - I either fall into disordered eating or I give up and start overeating again. At the moment I'm drinking a lot of meal replacements which I think is a good short term strategy but definitely won't work long term because I LOVE food.

I'm looking for friends from all over and at any stage in their journey so feel free to add me. I'm not sure how active I'll be but I'll try my hardest.

Replies