4 years maintaining 115 lb loss!! πŸ˜„πŸ’ͺπŸ’–

Options
HufflepuffGrl9
HufflepuffGrl9 Posts: 306 Member
edited December 2019 in Success Stories
Hi, everyone!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ About 4 years ago, I lost 115 lbs & have been maintaining since then!!

I wanted to make this post because I remember how much the success stories used to inspire me to push myself to become healthier when I was obese.

I am sooo incredibly grateful to be on this journey.

Growing up, I was bullied relentlessly, had really bad social anxiety & bipolar disorder & turned to smoking, drugs, alcohol, & food to self medicate after high school. My life went down some really dark paths.

I quit smoking cigarettes & have been alcohol & drug free since 2012. It’s been a long journey but absolutely worth it. After completely gutting the motherboard of my life, getting into therapy/group therapies, finding the right medications, & just completely restarting my life, I became mentally stable.

I developed healthy coping mechanisms, including reading. The Harry Potter series is my all time favorite!!! πŸ€“βš‘οΈβœ¨ It has helped me tremendously in my stabilization.

After my mental stability, it was then that I decided to work on my physical health.

When I started out, I was pre diabetic & was so obese that walking down the street was excruciatingly painful 😒😭

I started out using an exercise bike for a couple minutes at a time because I needed an exercise I could do sitting down, being that that was all I could do 🚲πŸ₯΅ I eventually worked up to exercises that I could do standing up.

My Fitness Pal & tracking has helped me so much in losing weight & maintaining!
πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ˜»πŸ˜»πŸ˜» The forums have taught me so much about consistency & health!

Now, I exercise 6 out of 7 days of the week & have a very physical job that allows me 15,000 steps a day, something I would have never been able to do before!! Aerobics is my favorite form of exercise πŸ’ͺπŸ˜πŸ’–πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’•

I never want to take my physical & mental health for granted. I am incredibly grateful for my second chance at life & if you took a moment to read this & look at my photos, thank you!!! πŸ˜»πŸ’–πŸ˜»πŸ’–πŸ˜»

Starting weight: 278 lbs
Goal maintenance range: 163-167 lbs
Ultimate goal weight: 165 lbs
Height: 5’7”
Lost a total of 115 lbs!!

If I can do it, so can you!! 🌟🀩🌟

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!! πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

tjxhaf914qkb.jpeg
mk9z4518g3ya.jpeg
awqgd312ghjo.jpeg
dze5usr06xmg.jpeg
qoe9p17ftc1j.jpeg
zhqujhi9rx1n.jpeg
mjm74ysua86k.jpeg
yyfmx37x1dca.jpeg
adqa89io85fp.jpeg
1sl26jbbdf1r.jpeg
lygfaw1wcstl.jpeg
9czwe0ce31rm.jpeg
j3ajsevzk0h0.jpeg
x7gvgkp13rco.jpeg
0wo6f61bs7dc.jpeg
snujr3phv5ao.jpeg
6nbbm0051nun.jpeg
b3quehi3rsq1.jpeg
yjo0y7fh1hg2.jpeg
5n3wqwgafkje.jpeg
Β«1

Replies

• DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing!
  • RadicalClavicle4444
    Options
    You are absolutely stunning. I love that this wasn't just a physical health journey, but a mental health victory, too. I've been meaning to finish the Harry Potter series, maybe I'll give it a go this winter. Congrats on your sobriety as well. You are all around very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
  • smithsusan961
    smithsusan961 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. CONGRATULATION. A great story to help us all thru and know there is hope. I needed that. DON'T GIVE UP.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING
  • pico6222
    pico6222 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on maintaining such a significant weight loss! Thank you for sharing your story. I'd love to hear more about your maintenance journey.
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You are incredible. That is an amazing loss and you look so great and about 15 years younger! I'm so impressed at the way that you tackled and CONQUERED both your mental and physical struggles! You're a rockstar!
  • kiran6002
    kiran6002 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow you look really happy and healthy. Good going! You must feel very proud of how far you have come and stuck to it! Much love
  • faythe621
    faythe621 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - and you look like you FEEL amazing, too! Congratulations on your success!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    wow, great job. Did you deal with any emotional stuff? I know when I lost my weight, 40 lbs, I changed jobs because I had been miserable. I also have a difficult family I had to quit argueing with. Why do you think you gained the weight?
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Well done and you look stunning.
  • pico6222
    pico6222 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @HufflepuffGrl9 Thanks for sharing! I love your attitude. I have a different story - always ate pretty healthy but had a very negative relationship with food & fear of weight gain. I am trying this time to be positive and forgiving. I like hearing that you found the weight that made you feel good, and also that you incorporate days where you get to eat the fun stuff you like (in moderation) as part of your long-term plan. It sounds like you have a very healthy and balanced perspective. I am trying to cultivate that in my own life. I've been doing really well the past year, very slowly losing almost 30lbs. All has been good so far but in turning toward maintenance I'm trying to plan how to keep my healthy attitude and find a sustainable balance long-term.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    thanks for replying, so glad you got with healthy friends and you are young and got your life going good. It is so easy to numb ourself and medicate ourselves with food. All it does is make us fat and we think it is making us better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!