Surprisingly low cal foods

Options
2»

Replies

• xbloodlossx
    Options
    tescos light choices cod fillets 90 cal each!
    tescos light choices cereal bars all of them range from 80 cals to 100 cal
    quorn chicken and cheese escalopes about 280 cal each
    tescos leek and cheese sausages 270cal for two
    :)
  • Visser1971
    Visser1971 Posts: 131
    Options
    For me it was mustard. Now I put it on everything instead of mayo or dressing or ketchup. Depends on how it is made but usually under 5 calories for a tablespoon or less!

But seeing this thread is making me VERY jealous! I do not know of ANY of these products in the Netherlands!!! GRRRR - No fair. I will have to put in a USA and UK wish list to my friends from these ideas!

:-) Cheers, Christy
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    What foods have you discovered that are surprisingly low cal? I've just found out that Tesco Market value gammon steaks are only 135cals each which I think is fab. Had one for lunch and it was yummy!
    What is gammon steak

basically it starts life the same way ham does, its cured in brine, but ham is boiled in its own juices.
    gammon is usually grilled
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hebrew National 97% lean hot dogs. They're 100% beef, and only 40 calories.

They go well with Village Hearth lite wheat hot dog buns, they're 80 calories and have 7 grams of fiber. They make bread and hamburger buns as well.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Colbys Salty & Sweet Cinnamon Sensation - cinnamon & sugar kettle popped popcorn It's only 52 calories for a sandwich baggie full...delicious!

And watermelon is so sweet but only about 45 calories a cup. :D

I second the watermelon! I'm I'm still super hungry at the end of the day but getting close on my calories, I'll eat two cups of watermelon. Another plus? It's so high in water content!

Third on watermelon. I've really been taking advantage of the summer fruits, so tastey and so light in calories!

I was going to say watermelon as well!
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm loving jello mousse temptations.
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    But watermelon contains a lot of sugar, doesn't it?
    And GI is very very high for a fruit.
  • Bug1993
    Bug1993 Posts: 10
    Options
    Ooh! Bomb Pops only have 45 calories. Popsicles that make my afternoon craving quite so unbearable :)
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just thought of another one - Walls Solero Exotic are 90 calories and feel and taste like a 'proper' ice cream. Just wish the same could be said for Magnums :noway:
  • klsnell1981
    klsnell1981 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    wow... we dont have any of those brands here in the Deep South.. :(
  • katepolden
    Options
    -hunts sugar free gel snack packs. Its the same thing as jello and they are 5 calories a piece!
    --

Is Jello Jam or Jelly? Does it wobble or do you put it on toast?
    Sorry you say Tomato we say Tomato.......
  • floydypants
    floydypants Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    -hunts sugar free gel snack packs. Its the same thing as jello and they are 5 calories a piece!
    --

Is Jello Jam or Jelly? Does it wobble or do you put it on toast?
    Sorry you say Tomato we say Tomato.......

Jello is jelly, and jelly is jam
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Jello is name brand Gelatin, Jelly is similar to Jam and Preserves only it has been strained to remove any fruit pieces.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    this is going to sound so weird, but Guinness beer. there's only around 130 calories for a 12 oz serving. i thought it was going to be something like 250...what a pleasant surprise for me! i try to drink this when i can since it takes me forever to drink one.
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips are my favorite munchie food. They are air popped potato chips and they run about 120 calories for 20 chips. LOVE THEM!