Single people motivation

Options
Just curious, does the idea of meeting someone romantically when you've reached your goals or during the journey add motivation or does this have no affect on your motivation?

For me personally, without sounding arrogant, I am motivated to be physically attractive, I've endured this journey 6 years ago and I liked the attention I had when I was lean and mean. (I'm not talking personality attraction just straight up lust haha)

It seems to be a taboo thing to talk about it in this manner

Replies

• prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    It does motivate me. At my age I feel invisible anyway - I'm hoping that losing weight will get me more attention.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My love life has been a desert. Tumbleweed. I'm not one of the world's beautiful people. I'm plain at best and first appearances do matter as much as we'd rather they didn't. Aside from dressing better and getting my hair done, the only other thing I can do is to lose weight. First to a healthy BMI for me then to a more aesthetically pleasing BMI to be more attractive. Not very feminist of me perhaps but I also prefer guys who are a healthy BMI. I feel I can't expect that if I'm not willing to put in the effort myself.

So, I've bought a bunch of smarter clothes in a UK size 10 (I'm currently a 14) from Ebay as my end goal. I bought myself a cute little necklace at 5 lbs down, I'm letting myself get my hair dyed once I hit 10 pounds down (just 1 lb to go!) and for 20 lbs down I'm going to buy a bottle of my favourite eau de toilette for the very first time. Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze into the size 10s by 30 lbs down.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Just curious, does the idea of meeting someone romantically when you've reached your goals or during the journey add motivation or does this have no affect on your motivation?

For me personally, without sounding arrogant, I am motivated to be physically attractive, I've endured this journey 6 years ago and I liked the attention I had when I was lean and mean. (I'm not talking personality attraction just straight up lust haha)

No
    • When I've reached my goals
    • During the journey

When meeting someone romantically, I'm Team - It Has No Effect To Affect My Motivation when pursuing my Aesthetics Goals, depending on where I am in a year, between fluffy to tight within my transformation phase, when I'm readying my body for an event, comparatively to me on an at ease maintenance. Fortunately, in these parts, we women aren't self-conscious about any of it, from skinny to the super-sizes, so either way, free of anxiety.

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

It has NEVER held sway. I am trying to improve me for me. The man who is my current was aware of how humongous I was before losing weight, nor does he care about how big or skinny I get. Granted, he prefers I not get too small understandably. :laugh: He is of the perspective that women naturally go through phases of life which can alter how we tend to look for a time. , which excuses us womenfolk, as we strive towards our ideals - at least for me. He believes he cannot look less than his ideal, for as long as he has the energy to muster.

Millennial thinking promoted the banning of REAL opinions. Everything is shrouded in niceties.
  • mmendel428
    mmendel428 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me, it's both. I'm motivated to feel strong and fit for me. When I feel energetic and confident, I feel sexier and more attractive. Maybe that will shine through the next time I meet someone.
  • SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I’ve thought about it but I think just feeling better about myself and meeting my goals is my biggest motivators. It definitely has crossed my mind tho
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Without too much thought, I'd say yes. For most of my life, I've been so self conscious about being at least a little, if not a fair amount overweight, that I've found it hard to even approach members of the opposite sex without an inner fear of being judged by my weight.

Somehow, I managed to get married some years ago.... But it's over now and without going into lots of detail, let's just say I probably felt 1000x worse by the end of it.

As I've started out to perhaps meet new people and no longer carry that weight, I've got a much better self-esteem than I've probably ever had. That confidence is something I had definitely hoped might develop in this journey.... And am very excited that it has to the point that I no longer feel that fear to the point of not being able to even say Hi to a gal that I find attractive.

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I’m probably jaded, but most relationships to me just end up being dead weight—one more demand on my time, energy and money. Why lose weight with the goal of just adding dead weight to the equation? I maintain myself the same way whether I’m in a relationship or not, so I wouldn’t say it has any effect on my actions or motivation
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a lone wolf, so I wouldn't say it's a big motivator. However, I wouldn't say I'm entirely doing it for me - if the right person does come along, I'd like to be attractive to them. Mostly, though, I do it because I like to look nice for myself. It helps my confidence.