Unable to Add Photo to News Feed

Options
I've tried everything on multiple devices but cannot add a photo on MyFitnessPal news feed.

I've tried on iPhone 7, as well Samsung Galaxy S7. Neither work properly. On the S7, there's a photo icon and when I click on it, it adds the photo to my preview message, but when I click the checkmark icon to post, the photo doesn't appear. The words of the message only get posted. The photo I've tested with is low-res and under 300kb. This should not be a problem for any standard app to handle. I'm on very fast WiFi with a 4G backup.

On iPhone 7 iOS app, there's not even an ability to add a photo for a status update. Just a 'progress photo' which is not what I'm wanting.

I'm talking about adding a regular pic either from the phone's camera roll or taking one. Again, not a 'progress photo'.

A photo upload component is also missing from the MyFitnessPal website altogether for status updates. Why? The website would actually be the best place to add pics, since much easier to manipluate than on a tiny device viewport.

Could someone at MyFitnessPal look into this on my account? I see other members adding photos on Android so I know it must work for some accounts.

Thank you,

-- Chris

Replies

• DulcimerRick
    DulcimerRick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to call this to the attention of MFP or at least a mod so they could pass it along to the proper people. I know it works with both my phone and tablet (both android) but you're correct...you can not add a photo from the website...which I think is pretty asinine, actually! That is the FIRST place you should be able to do it.
  • pal2tech
    pal2tech Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, someone will see it. So odd that it won't work on my account from my devices.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I found the same issue on all devices yesterday too.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The "progress photo" option is the only option you have. Few have the option to upload from their phone straight into the news feed. I have previously contacted MFP about this several times. It's terribly inconvenient but all they are offering for the majority of us.
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can't post a photo either to the news feed but a few of my friends do but they all seem to have Android, Is it not possible with an IPhone? I have done the progress photo but it shows at the bottom of the picture how much weight you have gained (in my case) or lost. That's not acceptable! If other people are doing it, it must be possible.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Yeah.
    This app could use a lot of improvements as far as being able to add photos, glitches, etc.
    But I keep saying it’s free and I like the people here, so…..*sigh*
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    I can't post a photo either to the news feed but a few of my friends do but they all seem to have Android, Is it not possible with an IPhone? I have done the progress photo but it shows at the bottom of the picture how much weight you have gained (in my case) or lost. That's not acceptable! If other people are doing it, it must be possible.

Scroll sideways for other banner options