Why am I gaining weight???

Options
I completely changed my diet and workout routine since last January and I've lost 21 pounds. I did and continue to do 3 strength training days a week, almost never go over my calories and follow a low carb/high fat diet since I have PCOS. I was averaging about -6 lbs every month until last month when I suddenly gained 4 pounds and this month I've already gained another 2. I did get a new job last month but I'm very happy with it and it's helped me with my sleeping schedule (I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night something I never did before).

I'm starting to get very discouraged :( Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    If the only thing you've changed is your job, perhaps your activity level has changed.

How often are you weighing in? If these are just 2 weigh in's could just be you've weighed in on higher days (water retention can cause fluctuations of as much as 5lbs for me). If you're weight less frequently, try weighing more often and use a trendweight app.

• FatishGambino
    FatishGambino Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For additional context, all my measurements went up as well. I weigh myself about 2-3 per week and havent noticed a difference. My previous job was a work from home position so I moved much less than Im moving now.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    For additional context, all my measurements went up as well. I weigh myself about 2-3 per week and havent noticed a difference. My previous job was a work from home position so I moved much less than Im moving now.

Is your new job more physical, have you changed or increased the intensity of your strength workouts? It may just be water retention. I'd focus on my logging accuracy (food scale) and give it a couple more weeks, weight loss isn't linear and all sorts of things can cause body-weight to increase temporarily.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    are you sure you are not doing any extra eating compared to before? are you saying you have compared your logs, eating the exact same as before, moving more and gaining??
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already, it may be time to invest in a food scale. I weigh most non-liquid foods on a digital food scale and log it in grams. I use measuring cups and spoons for liquids. The only thing I just sort of eyeball are leafy greens.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    JaxxieKat wrote: »
    If you haven't already, it may be time to invest in a food scale. I weigh most non-liquid foods on a digital food scale and log it in grams. I use measuring cups and spoons for liquids. The only thing I just sort of eyeball are leafy greens.

Ditto, with the exception that you should also weigh liquids. Weight is always superior to volume measurements.