What has 2019 done for you?

Options

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    It brought a lot of loss but also brought so many fantastic people I've had the opportunity to get to know here that I otherwise wouldn't have.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I got nuthin'.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I got nuthin'.

Lol. You always crack me up. :smile:
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    This is the year i went from being in love with my career to becoming obsessed with it. Born in a different continent, I got to live and work in New York which was a dream come true. I hustled a lot this year and earned so much success (I officially need a trophy cabinet now.) Making a quick trip to Amsterdam which was another highlight. But this was a bad year for my health as I continued to neglect it. Also, still processing my dad’s death from two years ago so that’s that.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Ask not what 2019 can do for you, but ask what you can do for 2019
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    2019 was a year of personal growth. I want to be a better person towards the world but I can’t be until I workout some of my demons. To me every day is a new day to begin again and be better than I was yesterday. Good luck to all in 2020.
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Amplified my moobies. Thank you 2019

doj3pyw3gijm.jpeg
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've learned not to doubt myself, to trust my gut instinct, and to hold strong on doing what i genuinely want to do, not going for what others think i should do. Shame its a year too late!
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

My biggest added value this year was the friendships I've made. Real frienships. The ones that I know will be there for a lifetime. Opening up to meeting new people and being more social has been the best decision I've made this year.

2019 also made me realize more than ever the ones that belong in my life will stay in my life. I think that was the biggest eye opening thing for me this year. Also, learning to accept that it's okay if people dont see me as an added value to their life. Just as I've pushed people away because I didn't see any added value to my life, it works both ways.

I made a decision early on in the year to be be more neutral when it comes to people. Reflecting on that has made me see that I was wrong towards certain people and I judged them unfairly. Self reflection is a tool everyone should cultivate into their daily routine.

I have so much more but I think those are the biggest ones that have made impact in my day to day.

I'm looking forward to next year. I'm ready to do big things with my life 🙂

Good stuff here -
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    2019 sucked but so did 2018, 2017, 2016 and pretty much every year before that so at least it’s consistent and my expectations for 2020 are pretty low.
  • bourbon_n_barbells
    bourbon_n_barbells Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    It brought a lot of loss but also brought so many fantastic people I've had the opportunity to get to know here that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Sorry about the loss(es). You have such a positive attitude and good nature about you. It's inspiring. Hope next year is a great one for you.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    2019 sucked out loud and the hits haven't even stopped coming. I'm not looking forward to 2020 because, yes, things can get worse.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Like most years 2019 has had its ups and downs. Can't really say its been an outstandingly good or bad year. Highlights:
    -I finished all the coursework for my masters, I am super looking forward to no more night classes ever (or until I decide to go back to school again). I do still need to defend my thesis early next year, but I am all lined up for that so it should progress smoothly
    - I got back into distance running and ran a couple halfs - I got a little too excited and burned myself out in the spring - not in an unrecoverable way but enough to learn what kid of races I actually enjoy and how often to do them without running becoming more of a pain than something to enjoy
    - After some lameness issues last year my horse was sound again so I got to enjoy lots of rides with her. We sadly had to change barns over the summer but we really like the new place too so alls well that ends well.
    - My son transitioned from a "baby" to a "toddler" this year. Its amazing watching kids grow mentally and physically!

My daughter is transitioning from toddler to little girl. It's amazing, but I still want her to pronounce things like she used to! lol
    Watching her personality blossom and seeing her learn new things, is just an incredible experience! She is also learning new ways to get under her mama's skin and drive her nuts. And then following that up with a kiss and an "I love you mommy". UGH. These kids..... <3<3<3