The toxic masculinity thread

Options
jacktherower
jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
I went to pick up a prescription for the missus over the weekend and they made me wait.

So I found a chair and completely reclined and it was also a sofa chair so I was also in full recliner position with half my back on the chair and legs widely spread and shaking to my music slowly.

There was none around me so I wasn’t getting into anyone’s space.

Across the coffee table was a woman who took pics of me. She forgot to turn the flash off.

I confront her and she says “you are manspreading and it makes me uncomfortable”

I’m draped head to toe in navy pants and white Oxford shirt and shoes. It’s not like I was in shorts. I told her i will sue her if she shamed me on social media.

She then says she deals with toxic masculinity every day.... and my name was called coz the prescription was ready.

So share your toxic masculinity experiences 😁

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Dear gawd 🙄... manspreading? Is that an actual thing?! With a world full of pain and suffering, a man tryna get some nugget comfort is offensive?! GTFOH with that nonsense lady.

Way to just mansplain it away man - 😂

I hate you.

😏
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    *IF* I am recalling properly, wasn't Britney Spears toxic, too?

I feel like there's a conspiracy here but it's JUST OUT OF MY REACH
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    ellie117 wrote: »
    Manspreading is actually a problem on crowded public transportation. But so is taking up a seat with your bag/purse/jacket/etc. Manspreading in a single chair though? Nah that's fine as long as we can't see up your shorts :D

Well having genitalia on the outside of the body will tend to cause a wider sitting spread.....it may be inconvenient to some that look for a reason to complain but hey, blame nature or god or whatever one believes made it that way. Its no more inconvenient in my opinion than having to navigate aisles with womens crossed legs and feet sticking out as trip hazards.....but why complain about it? Sweating that kind of stuff really doesnt interest me.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Roza42 wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    ellie117 wrote: »
    Manspreading is actually a problem on crowded public transportation. But so is taking up a seat with your bag/purse/jacket/etc. Manspreading in a single chair though? Nah that's fine as long as we can't see up your shorts :D

Well having genitalia on the outside of the body will tend to cause a wider sitting spread.....it may be inconvenient to some that look for a reason to complain but hey, blame nature or god or whatever one believes made it that way. Its no more inconvenient in my opinion than having to navigate aisles with womens crossed legs and feet sticking out as trip hazards.....but why complain about it? Sweating that kind of stuff really doesnt interest me.

If you are wide enough to take up 2 seats on the subway, I have some sympathy. But in rush hour if you are making people stand cause your family jewels need to breathe, then you don't need them.

Well i agree taking up 2 seats is rude. Thats not necessary. But it aint about breathing, having to have legs open at least a little.....its about pain and discomfort
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Is there some sort of Triggered Dictionary I can buy to keep up with all the pointless things that offend people?

Use Twitter, that's how I figure all this stuff out. It's helpful*

*full of things I wish I didn't know
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I like it when my man spreads.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »

😆

Edit: This made me uncomfortable.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »

Giggity!
  • HeyThereFatMan
    HeyThereFatMan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've sat next to plenty of overweight women on the bus who take up half my seat. I don't get mad, I say, "well that's probably embarrassing for them" and make due. I wouldn't shame them. Call them out, or anything. Not sure why it's a "mens" thing.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Is there some sort of Triggered Dictionary I can buy to keep up with all the pointless things that offend people?

Dude I’m offended at how toxic you’re being right now 😂. oh and it’s called the snow flake dictionary . Oh and ok boomer or ok gen x er idk they’ll come up with something for us Middle Aged folks
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    There's all sorts of bat *kitten* crazy out there in the world.