Two year slump needs to be over!

Options
frameloss
frameloss Posts: 92 Member
edited December 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hi all,

I’ve been on this board since 2012. And had great success up until 2018. I’ve literally been in a slump for two years (age 43-45). Prior to this slump, I’d always been able to get motivated and back on track. For some reason, I just haven’t been able to trigger that motivation response! Probably just needs kick in the butt so reaching out here! Thanks in advance for all feedback!!!

Replies

• frameloss
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Kick in the Butt
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    It is weird... I was the same.. it seemed I just lost motivation and caring about losing weight when I got a bit older. Almost like I used up all my willpower.
    . I did get it back..and I can't say what I did to do that, except what I decide to go back to the program that I knew worked for me before. I think I lost my way trying new things that took me off track because I wanted to eat more and differently.

so.. go back to what worked best for you before. that's my advice.
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @elisa123gal that is excellent advice.
  • frameloss
    Options
    It is weird... I was the same.. it seemed I just lost motivation and caring about losing weight when I got a bit older. Almost like I used up all my willpower.
    . I did get it back..and I can't say what I did to do that, except what I decide to go back to the program that I knew worked for me before. I think I lost my way trying new things that took me off track because I wanted to eat more and differently.

so.. go back to what worked best for you before. that's my advice.

Thank you! Re-committing now!!! Not tomorrow!
  • frameloss
    Options

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    frameloss wrote: »

Way to go! I've been in a slump since getting to maintenance, weight went back up and I got depressed about it all. It's been really hard to keep working out and eating right but got myself back in the gym today and had a good food day. I have health issues that have resolved with weight loss so I can't give up now!
  • frameloss
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    frameloss wrote: »

Way to go! I've been in a slump since getting to maintenance, weight went back up and I got depressed about it all. It's been really hard to keep working out and eating right but got myself back in the gym today and had a good food day. I have health issues that have resolved with weight loss so I can't give up now!

Ok, I lied! I start over today! Went out last night and blew it out! 😊Had a great time but now feel horrible! If I hadn’t just put on 10 pounds, it would have felt ok! Planning a trip for spring, so now is the time to get this winter body into summer shape!