Dudes- Are you self conscious about hairloss?

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
Lucky for me I have good genes and have no hair loss going on. But several of my buds do and a few are so self conscious they either always wear hats or are looking to spend big money on a transplant?

So any of you "follicly challenged" guys out there feeling the same?

If I were losing my hair, I would just shave my head.

Replies

• Dave351
    Dave351 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA! Vanity is always a good topic!!! Unfortunately my father has hair loss-the ole ring around! So, I have been blessed with the hair loss gene! But I beat mother nature!!! I just shave my head before she can laugh at me and make my hair fall out!!! LOL Hair loss really freaks some guys out but there are really a LOT of pros to not having hair! :)
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Keeping it short or shaved is the key. I'd rather be bald than fat, guess that's why I'm on my FITNESS pal and not my HAIRLOSS pal :sad:
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I started balding at 25. Some people can rock the shaved head, but I am not sure if I am one of them.. but once I hit a healthy weight I plan on shaving it.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My hubby noticed his hair thinning and started shaving it bald and sometimes just really short...I love it!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah im self concious!!!
  • kronos36m
    Options
    I started balding in my early 20's and shaved my head. Been shaving it ever since and it really doesn't bother me. Of course if they ever cure baldness I'll be one of the first in line. LOL!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I know I could sport the bald look! But don't know if my wife would like it. Eh, I'll keep brushing my hair back till the time comes.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It isn`t something I am thrilled about and thankfully not too bad yet but it is what is and I don`t worry over it.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I have come to terms with it. Not thrilled about it, but also not going to throw 20K for them to transplant. I keep it pretty short, my wife and I have an ongoing thing about me shaving it. I am for the cueball look, but she isn't and I have to live with her, so she gets her way. For now. I told her when I got to a certain point in my weight loss, I am shaving it. I passed that point a month or so ago, but don't want to rile up the keeper of the keys to the nuclear technology. I almost always have worn a hat, it's hot and sunny here most of the time.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    My hairline certainly isn't my best feature, but Im not self conscious about it. I keep it cut pretty short and have thought about shaving it clean, just not sure I could pull it off.
  • LosingGrip
    Options
    I should be OK with my hair, my Granddad didn't have a grey hair on him when he was in his 70's, wasn't going bald either.

My dad on the other hand...going grey and losing it a bit already...who knows!

Could be worse, my step dad started losing his hair at 19!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Could care less :tongue:
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    From a women's point of view, mine at least, bald is sooo sexy. Add a goatee to that and OH MY... :wink:

Avoid the comb over at all cost. Just makes it sad...
  • freeloaves
    Options
    Unsure which route my bf is gonna go down ... his dad has hair still, but mostly at the back. His older (half brother) is bald. BUT he takes mostly after his mum (spitting image of her) and he has quite thick hair ... though I do see kinda thinning/bald patch at the back - might just be the way his hair is? I'm more caring about it than he is :( I love hair!
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've got a bald spot, but I basically don't worry about it. I figure as long as I don't do a comb-over, it is what it is.
  • Liquid741
    Options
    hair isnt that important to me...i shave my head, and show off my scar with pride! i dont miss my hair, nor would i want it back if i could.
  • jumperchick
    Options
    my bfs hairline is receeding, i really dont care AT ALL. i feel bad for guys who feel bad about it though !
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    No. :) I've been shaving my head since I was 22 because my hair is too thick! I've re-tried hair once or twice since then but after about 5-6 weeks I remember why I shaved it off to begin with.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Just had to peek at this post and reply. I think bald headed men are very attractive and are very sexy!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have come to terms with it. Not thrilled about it, but also not going to throw 20K for them to transplant. I keep it pretty short, my wife and I have an ongoing thing about me shaving it. I am for the cueball look, but she isn't and I have to live with her, so she gets her way. For now. I told her when I got to a certain point in my weight loss, I am shaving it. I passed that point a month or so ago, but don't want to rile up the keeper of the keys to the nuclear technology. I almost always have worn a hat, it's hot and sunny here most of the time.

Bald with a goatee is hot SGM!! Go for it...