Starting bikini prep in January!

Options
Soooo...I am beginning prep for bikini competition which will happen in june. I am super lean up top and trying to build uo my lower body. At assesment a month ago I was 13% body fat im 5'7" and 35 yo.
Im Tracking my macros and eating 2080 but am still hungry all the time!
Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Not sure I’m allowed to do this but there’s a Facebook group called bikini competitors without a coach. There’s plenty of people who prep without a coach and who have picked up medals. Good luck to you and let us know how you get on
  • elizeckert
    elizeckert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Are you prepping by yourself or with a coach? If with a coach - do what they tell you and don't ask random MFP people. Also, discuss with said coach if you are still hungry on 2080 cals, coz they will drop way more by the end of prep unless you are naturally gifted with fantastic fat losing magic.

If you are 13% BF then you are just about lean enough to be a physique competitor... and wouldn't be needing to lose any more weight, particularly not for bikini division, which doesn't have a shredded look.

And if you don't have a coach? Get one.

I do have a coach and she is fantastic. I was just looking to see how other people deal with hittung their macros and still feeling hungry.
    I will prob discuss with her how I feel and maybe she can change up my percentages.

Thank you for your feedback!
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It seems most have a particular macro that keeps them full/satiated; for many it's protein, but that's not always the case.

There are also "volume eaters"; people that feel satiated by eating quantity. Low calorically-dense foods are preferred in that case; lettuce, celery, etc. This is largely satisfying behaviorally, but physically many of these foods have a decent amount of water, so the feeling of fullness is also aided by that.

On that note, water alone can help with hunger, especially if you're not drinking enough. Other 0/low calorie drinks may help, like diet soda, coffee, and tea.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    That's awesome good luck!

Are you running a bulk right now or continuing to lean out?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It seems most have a particular macro that keeps them full/satiated; for many it's protein, but that's not always the case.

There are also "volume eaters"; people that feel satiated by eating quantity. Low calorically-dense foods are preferred in that case; lettuce, celery, etc. This is largely satisfying behaviorally, but physically many of these foods have a decent amount of water, so the feeling of fullness is also aided by that.

On that note, water alone can help with hunger, especially if you're not drinking enough. Other 0/low calorie drinks may help, like diet soda, coffee, and tea.

Playing with macros is important. I am a volume eater, but I learned I recently, that I do well at the ends of the spectrum(s) and then I have a wasteland. Meaning, I either have to do high protein very high carb (300g) with low fat (~50g) or ketogenic high protein/mod fat/very low carb (net 25g). In between, I often get hungry. Either way, I would play around with food combinations and make not of the impact. Once you find fullness, than start to gravitate towards that as your diet.