Hey! Help me! Scale recommendations plz

Options
I need a new scale. Anyone have one they love? We are talking about wake up in the morning, go potty, get nakey, hold your breath, close your eyes, cross your fingers and step on the scale kind of scale. Not a food scale.

Do smart scales exist? Will they tell me my weight in a kind gentle fashion?

Help me find my new enemy, thanks!

Replies

• jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    haha love this! I can totally picture this! My scale has a great sense of humor. Itll say 208...then 214...then 201...all within 30 seconds! Come hop on mine and take it with you. PLEASE!
  • MM1FitLife
    MM1FitLife Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My scale takes so long to compute it's suspenseful... Time for a new one also :). They do have some smart ones out there that will sync with your devices. I believe many can be found on Amazon. They also have apps that link with MFP to auto update your progress. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps?app_category=scales
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Ive also noticed if mine is too close to the wall that it does goofy stuff. I know everyone was wanting to know that.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I bought a Weight Watchers one on sale at Costco - seems consistent! But it’s not smart or fancy... nice and bright with big numbers which is nice for those blurry eyed readings first thing in the AM.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want. Some scales connect to web apps, measure your body fat, and make you a pizza. Others focus on simple accuracy. I used a WeightGurus scale for a few years which was fantastic in uploading my data every morning to the cloud, where I could see it on a chart in a browser. It started off fairly accurate but over time it started giving me drastically (5+ pounds) different readings in a row, like one minute later. So I got a Tanita HD351, which literally does nothing but tell you how much you weigh. However, it does this supremely well, with consistent results that are never even 0.2 pounds off, no matter the angle, humidity, floor surface, gaming the system by the human (leaning back or forward to try to edge off another half pound LOL). The Tanita is unperturbable and is the T-54 tank of scales. You can experiment with dumbbells and other things that have a definite weight and easily prove to yourself that this scale is like the Atomic Clock of scale accuracy. But it won't tell you what percentage of you is water or upload data to the web or call your in-laws to schedule dinner. So the real choice here is, connectivity and features vs accuracy, although some scales score OK in both departments.
  • tohyidrive
    tohyidrive Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eufy smart scale C1. Love it. Go google it, very accurate (step on it 5 times and gives same readings) and shows history, trends etc. I bought from JB hifi at $34. Super worth it.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    If you do buy a new scale make sure that it has a firm surface to sit on to take your weight or the readings could be off and may bounce around and give you different readings all the time. I bought a thick stone tile to place my scale on in the bathroom. It's just a bit wider than the scale and is massively heavy but provides a completely firm surface that doesn't move that the scale loves.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I have a glass weight watchers scale from Walmart. You can program it for different users, and it shows bf%, water%, and maybe bmi. I check the accuracy with a dumbbell and it's very accurate. I also weigh my puppy and he weighs similarly on the vet's puppy scale(he is under 11lbs).
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have a Withings Body+ that I bought a month or so ago and I love it. It connects to an app to track all of your weights on a graph. It does connect to MFP but you don't have to link it. I don't like it auto-posting my morning scale happenings, lol. Here's a link on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071XW4C5Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I need a new scale. Anyone have one they love? We are talking about wake up in the morning, go potty, get nakey, hold your breath, close your eyes, cross your fingers and step on the scale kind of scale. Not a food scale.

Do smart scales exist? Will they tell me my weight in a kind gentle fashion?

Help me find my new enemy, thanks!

I wince in the morning when I step on the scale until I see the number which is always pretty good because I count and watch everything. Mindless eating days, OVER! I love my scale, Eat Smart ESBS-01 is the model number. Its glass and its a trooper.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I LOVE my Renpho scale! It is super easy. gives you more details than you thought you'd need and syncs to your phone plus it is affordable and got great reviews
    https://www.amazon.com/RENPHO-Bluetooth-Bathroom-Composition-Smartphone/dp/B01N1UX8RW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ES-CS20M-B&qid=1576196056&sr=8-1
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like the mylifemyshop scale.