Vegetarian Baby - protein sources?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Simple contact a Dietician ! We did for son they were able to use foods we eat as a family to toddler foods figure out a full menu to if vitamin drops or chocolate chews were needed . Which meal app to record check vitamins y amounts. They added toddler drinks like Enfamil Toddler to a meal.

20years before my son 2 had my Daughter when no Dieticians were available to me but Doctor was luckily a Vegetarian able to help map out her meals with weekly visits until we had it full proof. Back the. Could find healthier foods for some things ,but meat substitutes were more scarce. She became a raw fish only Pescatarian as she grew up,but started fully Vegetarian. Cooked meats don’t set well with her but freash lay caught raw fish she’s fine . Son is Vegetarian will see as he grows eats at school what will be will be. Daughter y him have meat sensitivity comes back up. It’s more trying new foods until they find what they like. Daughter the only tapioca lover even.

Bean cheese Quesadillas homemade
    Peanut butter pancakes homemade
    Special K cereal with almond milk
    Pizza 🍕 cheese only
    Cheese sandwich
    Toast (wheat y rye only ones he likes)
    Peanut butter sandwich
    Etc etc etc just put in front see if it gets tossed back at you or not lol 😂.
    Our floor gets a lot of rejects his diaper too y side of the booster seat. He hides his rejects after pretending to eat it. He’s horrible pretender hold it far away from his face makes noises...he makes believable noises but it’s hovering feet away from his face lol.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Simple contact a Dietician ! We did for son they were able to use foods we eat as a family to toddler foods figure out a full menu to if vitamin drops or chocolate chews were needed . Which meal app to record check vitamins y amounts. They added toddler drinks like Enfamil Toddler to a meal.

20years before my son 2 had my Daughter when no Dieticians were available to me but Doctor was luckily a Vegetarian able to help map out her meals with weekly visits until we had it full proof. Back the. Could find healthier foods for some things ,but meat substitutes were more scarce. She became a raw fish only Pescatarian as she grew up,but started fully Vegetarian. Cooked meats don’t set well with her but freash lay caught raw fish she’s fine . Son is Vegetarian will see as he grows eats at school what will be will be. Daughter y him have meat sensitivity comes back up. It’s more trying new foods until they find what they like. Daughter the only tapioca lover even.

Bean cheese Quesadillas homemade
    Peanut butter pancakes homemade
    Special K cereal with almond milk
    Pizza 🍕 cheese only
    Cheese sandwich
    Toast (wheat y rye only ones he likes)
    Peanut butter sandwich
    Etc etc etc just put in front see if it gets tossed back at you or not lol 😂.
    Our floor gets a lot of rejects his diaper too y side of the booster seat. He hides his rejects after pretending to eat it. He’s horrible pretender hold it far away from his face makes noises...he makes believable noises but it’s hovering feet away from his face lol.

Fysa, the OP posted this 8 years ago.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness didn’t see that Thankyou. Why doesn’t MFP make old post uncommentable ? Would solve this issue . Came up in new posts area for me.
  • MM1FitLife
    MM1FitLife Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Legumes/beans are high in protein and could be a good source for you. I recommend Green Peas. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/healthiest-beans-legumes

Kale, Spinach and/or Broccoli which have good amounts of protein and other nutrients. They can easily be cooked or mixed with fruit or other veggies and made into easy to eat baby food. Nuts/Seeds are high in protein also, but you'll probably have to judge if your baby is ready for these in a blended form and only have them when home since it's not allowable at daycare. They do have nut powders out there that can be made into baby food consistency.
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ** I'm raising my daughter vegan. She is 2 and thriving! She eats lots of lentils, beans, peas, nuts, tofu, lots of veggies have protein too.

If you look up how much protein we actually need it's not as much as people think. Also thing of the amount of large herbivorous animals that get all their protein from plant sources.

You are doing a great thing, ignore negative comments. Your child can thrive wonderfully on a veggie diet
  • niamhdean97
    Options
    Ohhh and quinoa is amazing! My daughter has the apro growing up milk too. If you want to contact me at all I'm happy to give suggestions
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    /necrothreadplz
  • niamhdean97
    Options
    Also there is a great page on FB called vegan and vegetarian parents
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    justsummie wrote: »
    Diced avacado...my daughter loved it when she that age. Parents magazine also listed it as a "finger food" that they can learn to self-feed.

avocado have very little fat at all. it is mostly fat
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Diced avacado...my daughter loved it when she that age. Parents magazine also listed it as a "finger food" that they can learn to self-feed.

avocado have very little fat protein at all. it is mostly fat

FIFY.

And yes, I would consider avocado a fat source rather than a protein source as well.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

FIFY.

And yes, I would consider avocado a fat source rather than a protein source as well.

This thread is from 2011...

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

FIFY.

Wonder how it all worked out. Kid's gotta be pushing 10 by now ..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    20fd138c5cf01215e6996a59098df74a.gif

• kshama2001
    Options
    sullus wrote: »

FIFY.

If you go back a page, you'll see the OP updated in 2018.
  • kshama2001
    Options

FIFY.

Yes, I realized that before I clicked :)

Still wanted to agree with the point that avocado is a fat source rather than a protein source.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »

FIFY.

The guy posted an update the previous page.