2 belt holes!!!!

Options

I have a tough time with nsv’s. I WANT TO SEE THE DAMN NUMBERS ON THE SCALE!!!
But it hasn’t been happpening for me. Yes I’ve lost a few lbs but not the 15 to 20 I was hoping for. I have been heavy lifting and feel thinner and stronger. Clothes are looser so I know I’m making some progress but Damn I long for the scale to read 140lbs. Getting married in Mexico in 27 days and my goal seems out of reach especially with the holidays. Trying to focus on the positive but sigh.. here’s hoping the 2 new belt holes are still there after Xmas!

Replies

• ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    First of all, Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

Secondly, seeing the number on the scale shift in our desired direction is always uplifting, BUT it doesn't tell everything! If you've moved down two belt holes... Girl, YOU ARE DOING IT!! Strength training can make so many changes and you need to remember that one very important thing... Muscle weighs more than fat and that's what you are doing. You're building muscle... so the scale could actually even go in the 'opposite' desired direction because you are GAINING muscle!!!! This is another reason why I always recommend folks take progress pictures. They will show change when the scale might not be giving you the numbers you desire.

• tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Relax, breath, and just do one day at a time. First, water can be 10 pounds extra (or more) of body weight, and that's for me a man (sorry women tend to carry more, depending on time of month etc.) If you are strength training seriously, muscles tend to soak up water, and add weight (sorry your not gonna gain 5-10 pounds of muscle in short time period, but they will hold more water.) How is your sodium intake? Are you drinking plenty of water? (You should be peeing several times a day)

Secondly, it takes time, you are making progress (2 belt holes is great), sometimes scales just dont show, dont let it worry you too much.

Your fiance is marrying you for you, to him you are already beautiful, so don't let yourself get in a rut were you dont think you are enough. Think and plan your wedding, do the best you can health wise, but cut yourself some slack...

Congrats on marriage and your progress best of luck to you.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So... Do you have to weigh in at the ceremony? Or do you just want to look good in what you're wearing (which you're already making progress toward)?
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    tony56pr wrote: »
    Relax, breath, and just do one day at a time. First, water can be 10 pounds extra (or more) of body weight, and that's for me a man (sorry women tend to carry more, depending on time of month etc.) If you are strength training seriously, muscles tend to soak up water, and add weight (sorry your not gonna gain 5-10 pounds of muscle in short time period, but they will hold more water.) How is your sodium intake? Are you drinking plenty of water? (You should be peeing several times a day)

Secondly, it takes time, you are making progress (2 belt holes is great), sometimes scales just dont show, dont let it worry you too much.

Your fiance is marrying you for you, to him you are already beautiful, so don't let yourself get in a rut were you dont think you are enough. Think and plan your wedding, do the best you can health wise, but cut yourself some slack...

Congrats on marriage and your progress best of luck to you.

He totally loves me the way I am.. I just had a vision of losing that final 15 lbs for the wedding and it hasn’t happened. It’s honestly more about the time in Mexico (bikinis!) than it is the wedding day.
    I know I’ve made progress and am happy and thankful for that... just wish it would have reflected on the scales as well as my belt.
    That’s how we have always measured weight right? Not saying it’s right but it’s what I know.
    I def do not drink enough water. Have just this week began my day but drinking a huge glass of lemon water before anything else and trying to drink more throughout the day. Also trying IF (has helped in the past) to keep my calorie intake lower.
    I’m not going up and down (water weight) ... I’ve just been holding steady at about 153ish.. down a lb or 2 and back up to 153 again for the last few months