Yummy and EASY Tilapia Recipe

Options
TluvK
TluvK Posts: 733 Member
I actually forgot to add the butter and didn't even notice! For my veggies, I threw in broccoli slaw and sliced zucchini. So good and SO easy and so versatile.

Tilapia Parchment Pockets

4 (5-oz.) fresh tilapia fillets
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 lemons, sliced
1/4 cup shredded carrot
2 tablespoons fresh dill
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons butter

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Cut parchment paper into 4 (13- x 9-inch) rectangles. Place 3 lemon slices crosswise in center of 1 parchment rectangle. Top with 1 fillet. Repeat with remaining lemon slices, fillets, and parchment paper rectangles. Sprinkle fillets evenly with carrot, dill, and parsley. Top each fillet with 1/2 Tbsp. butter. Fold 1 side of parchment paper over fillets; tuck excess parchment under fillets, pressing folds to form a crease.
3. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve immediately.

Replies

• maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    got some tilapia in my freezer...THANKS!!
  • MomsDumpling
    MomsDumpling Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your recipe sounds good!! I also like to bake it with salsa on top. good stuff!!! :bigsmile:
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump :) for when I get to buy the fresh fish!
  • TluvK
    Options
    Your recipe sounds good!! I also like to bake it with salsa on top. good stuff!!! :bigsmile:
    I LOVE tilapia - every way shape and form! Yum! I think it's one of the easiest things to make and it's so low in fat and calories. My kids gobbled this up tonight - huge plus points!
  • karensquiz
    Options
    bump-sounds good and easy!
  • TluvK
    Options
    bump :) for when I get to buy the fresh fish!

Buy it frozen - just as good! I buy it bulk frozen and individually wrapped and then just drop it in a bowl (still wrapped) of warm water and then cook it. Easy Peasy.
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump. I just bought some tilapia!
  • Jester0709
    Options
    bump

cant wait to try this