whens the best time to work out? when you work out?

Options
Is it better to walk of a morning than at night? or does it even matter?

I usually walk in the evening on tuesdays & thursdays btwn my classes with my friend (although I own a tredmill, tomorrow I'm going to use it and start using it daily.) but anyway, whens the best time in your opinion?

before breakfast? mid day? after dinner?

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I just exercise when I can fit it in, sometimes before work, most days, it's after. It's all about your preference.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The "best" time, IMO, is whatever time works for your schedule. There isn't a one size, fits all in this -- so, exercise when and how you can.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters but some days I workout in the morning and sometimes in the evening but I like it most when I workout in the evening so then I shower and go to sleep :)
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    I have heard morning. But ya know I really think its what works for you. The point is you are DOING it. I also fit it in when I can. I mean really you are burning the same amount of calories no matter the time. :) GOOD LUCK
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer the morning as it builds up the metabolism for the day and I feel more energetic after.

That said the only thing you should be wary of is exercising 2-3 hours before going to bed, since you may not be able to sleep.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning, right after I have breakfast. It helps to wake me up, and energizes me for the day. I used to work out at night, but then I couldn't sleep.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I would try them all and see what you like. I used to NEVER work out in the evening because I had always heard that you can't fall asleep after, but then I started going to the gym at 9 or even 10pm and I think I slept better because of it! and the gym is way less crowded then, which is really nice.

I like to work out in the early morning, like 5, but when I do they are usually my easiest workouts because it's kind of hard for me to get energized. My favorite time now is afternoon, or early evening.
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    :smile:
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I exercise when I'm the most relaxed and have everything I need to get done for the day;finished or else I will keep thinking of things and hurry up. So, I work out a hour to 2 hours before I go to bed.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I work out first thing in morning and it has become habit. I'm just too burned out after work, so I know I will get my exercise in if I do it before anything else. Some people prefer working out at lunch or after work, it's just a preference thing.
  • GeorgiaPrune
    Options
    I guess it depends on your schedule and your body clock. I've read that an after dinner walk is wonderful for the digestive process, that working out in the morning is great to get your day jump started (that working out on an empty stomach thing is a myth), and I've also read articles that state that working out late in the evening is bad because it can lead to you being up late.
    For me, I prefer to workout during midmorning hours or in the late afternoon, and a walk is much easier on myself and our dog in the evenings.