And THIS is exactly the reason...

Options
2»

Replies

• ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Three coworkers each brought in homemade cookies today...chocolate chip, gingersnap, sugar, peanut butter, chocolate chip pizzelles, mini reese cup cookies....so many cookies. And chocolate chip banana bread.

I tossed this day up as a loss by 10am. I ate my normal lunch (lean cuisine) and will have a normal dinner. I'm trying to stay calm :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually try a light dinner like salad or soup on my days where I have indulged...something that fills my belly, but keeps the calories low.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    katsheare wrote: »
    Urg, I hate when experiments in the kitchen fail!! On the one hand, good that there was an edible outcome (I've not always managed that...); and there really is no other hand. One day, one week even, is not horrid in the grand scheme of things (it sounds like your philosophy has already assured you of that!)

What kind of cookies? (Illness struck the household in waves perfectly timed to ensure that no Christmas baking happened this year. Which sucks, because if I'm going to have Christmas cookies, I have to make them - they're not really as much a thing here in the UK)

I made a cookie my mom always made when we were little so it's a tradition. :/ They're simply molasses cookies sandwiched with rasp. jam. They're really very good but a real pain to roll out without the dough sticking everywhere. But this year they came out more like wafers, still tasty though. :)

I hope your household recovers from the illness!! It's no fun when it goes through every member of the family. :(

The cookies sound wonderful! The faff of rolling out is one of the things that keeps me from doing anything but drop or sheet cookies (and I have so many cookie cutters!!!) I may try some snickerdoodles if I have time - one of the few cookies of my mom's that I actually like!

We're mostly better. It hit me last, but the apex of my illness was last week, I'm almost recovered. And while we're hosting, I'm going to spread out cooking over a couple days, so sanity should reign.

Have a wonderful holiday!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Urg, I hate when experiments in the kitchen fail!! On the one hand, good that there was an edible outcome (I've not always managed that...); and there really is no other hand. One day, one week even, is not horrid in the grand scheme of things (it sounds like your philosophy has already assured you of that!)

What kind of cookies? (Illness struck the household in waves perfectly timed to ensure that no Christmas baking happened this year. Which sucks, because if I'm going to have Christmas cookies, I have to make them - they're not really as much a thing here in the UK)

I made a cookie my mom always made when we were little so it's a tradition. :/ They're simply molasses cookies sandwiched with rasp. jam. They're really very good but a real pain to roll out without the dough sticking everywhere. But this year they came out more like wafers, still tasty though. :)

I hope your household recovers from the illness!! It's no fun when it goes through every member of the family. :(

The cookies sound wonderful! The faff of rolling out is one of the things that keeps me from doing anything but drop or sheet cookies (and I have so many cookie cutters!!!) I may try some snickerdoodles if I have time - one of the few cookies of my mom's that I actually like!

We're mostly better. It hit me last, but the apex of my illness was last week, I'm almost recovered. And while we're hosting, I'm going to spread out cooking over a couple days, so sanity should reign.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Glad you and your family are on the upswing of things!! Fingers crossed for your sanity :)

I love snickerdoodles and found a recipe yesterday where you bake them in mini muffin tins, when they come out of the oven you mush the center down and put in apple pie filling. Do I dare make these for Christmas?? Good question. :/
    I swear Pinterest this time of year, is an evil site to visit. Lol
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I indulged for the 1st time on Thanksgiving...I sampled everything my sister made including all the snacks and two huge pieces of pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream. It was one day out of 8 months of strict control....Guess what, I didn't gain anything! Don't sweat it and don't deny yourself a treat every so often. As long as you get back on the horse, you'll continue to hit your goals. PS...I can't wait for the Christmas desserts! :)

How is it possible for you to go 8 months with strict control? My life is too messy for that. I think 3 is about the longest streak I manage before I either choose to eat more one day or life chooses it for me.

I live alone and "semi" retired and cook 99% of all my meals.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    October came and baking season was ON! 8 pies last month.

Just resolved to bike more and gain a few. It’s the holidays 🤷🏻‍♀️