Gaining 20+lbs after losing 120lbs in 2 years

u2d8r2r8f07i.jpg
[img]https://us.v- cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/7m/1fyibzfpbpyh.jpg[/img]

I need help y'all it's hard to say this but I took a lot.of crap from people who made feel like I was too skinny. Now I am in in body I feel more uncomfortable since I gained weight. It's hard seeing my stomach get bigger again after I worked two years to be healthy. I don't know how to get myself back k tried everything and I feel like I failed myself. I don't feel comfortable with where I am at . I am not losing weight and I don't understand at all. Even if I eat bad I workout. I need support it's hard seeing me at this point.

Replies

• averysjourney
    averysjourney Posts: 86 Member
    The top photo was my highest weight and what I weighed at 288.5. the left was in 160s and on the right I am at 195
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    You lost 120 lbs! You know how to do this. You know you can’t out exercise a bad diet and a trip to the gym isn’t going to make up for over-eating.

Just get back to the basics. Focus on your diet and nutrition, log all your food, stick to your calorie goal and you’ll lose the weight.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    First, huge Congrats on that 120 pound loss. You do know what to do.

It's common for people to struggle a bit going into Maintaining weight after losing a lot so give yourself a little break and hey - you caught yourself at 20 pounds. Well done times 2.

Back at it, my friend.

Here are the sticky threads from the Maintaining Weight forum:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300324/most-helpful-posts-goal-maintaining-weight-must-reads#latest

You'll find words of wisdom there. Then set your goals to "Lose 1/2 pound per week" at get back to logging. You look good at 195, so just be patient and keep going. It may be slow, that's a good thing.
  • rdkdm7
    rdkdm7 Posts: 34 Member
    Yeah don't beat yourself up. I struggled with my weight for a long time. I finally lost it, was happy with myself. Worked out gymed and kept it off for five or so years.
    Well now I am back to struggling after having a baby. But, I'm doing ok now and I already know what to do, Finally doing it and the weight is coming off. It really wasint all the gyming I used to do. It was mostley my eating that I was doing. Which wasin't THAT much. But, I guess it was for me. I'm only 5 2.
    Like you I probally have another 20pds to go. I was so fed up with myself and threw alot of my clothes away. I had to get really serious, because I like to like myself. And I was looking in the mirror lying to myself saying, Well could be worse right? I was between meh its ok and flat out grossed out by myself.
    Now I probaly need those clothes I threw out soon enough but thats ok! Thats what it took for me to get it into gear! I'm sure you will get the twenty pds off and feel better again.
  • Bethlehem10
    Bethlehem10 Posts: 1 Member
    So similar situation. I was 226 pounds, dropped to 158, but over the past couple years, I went up to 175. I recently got back to eating clean and working out, and having one cheat meal a week. Please don’t be hard on yourself because that will only delay your progress moving forward. Minor setback for a major comeback, you got this!
  • averysjourney
    You lost 120 lbs! You know how to do this. You know you can’t out exercise a bad diet and a trip to the gym isn’t going to make up for over-eating.

Just get back to the basics. Focus on your diet and nutrition, log all your food, stick to your calorie goal and you’ll lose the weight.

Thank you I'm.trying too
  • averysjourney
    So similar situation. I was 226 pounds, dropped to 158, but over the past couple years, I went up to 175. I recently got back to eating clean and working out, and having one cheat meal a week. Please don’t be hard on yourself because that will only delay your progress moving forward. Minor setback for a major comeback, you got this!

Any other advice you can offer. Tracking is hard now
  • averysjourney

It's common for people to struggle a bit going into Maintaining weight after losing a lot so give yourself a little break and hey - you caught yourself at 20 pounds. Well done times 2.

Back at it, my friend.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300324/most-helpful-posts-goal-maintaining-weight-must-reads#latest

You'll find words of wisdom there. Then set your goals to "Lose 1/2 pound per week" at get back to logging. You look good at 195, so just be patient and keep going. It may be slow, that's a good thing.

Thank you it means alot I saw my self.at 200. I don't want to see those numbers again..it scared me. I need help
  • cmriverside

Back at it, my friend.

Thank you it means alot I saw my self.at 200. I don't want to see those numbers again..it scared me. I need help

So it's been six weeks since your first post. How's the food logging and weight loss going?
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Posting in here to bump this thread. How are you holding up, @averysjourney ?
  • averysjourney

Back at it, my friend.

So it's been six weeks since your first post. How's the food logging and weight loss going?

Hi so went from 200 to 186 now I was at 184 but started eating alot today
  • averysjourney
    Posting in here to bump this thread. How are you holding up, @averysjourney ?

I'm still struggling but I went from 200 in December to 186 this Jan. I need a better regimine. I start school on Tuesday.
  • cmriverside

Back at it, my friend.

Oh! This is awesome.

We all have big eating days, and maintenance has a few struggles at first. There will be ups and downs

Get back at it tomorrow. No harm done. Just don't stop, two pounds means nothing. Now if it becomes six... :smile:
  • averysjourney

Back at it, my friend.

Oh! This is awesome.

We all have big eating days, and maintenance has a few struggles at first. There will be ups and downs

Get back at it tomorrow. No harm done. Just don't stop, two pounds means nothing. Now if it becomes six... :smile:

Thank you. I'm at 180 I was at 179. I had a huge eating day.
  • averysjourney
    I'm at 180 I was 178. I've been eating a lot
  • cmriverside
    Getting into the 170s must be exciting! Stick with us, we're on your side. I know this is difficult during all this virus stuff, but planning meals and taking walks has been taking my mind off my fears. Hang on!
  • fe45tv
    fe45tv Posts: 20 Member
    Something that might help is watching how many calories you consume from liquids. You'd be surprised how you can drink 1000 calories from 2 Starbucks coffees.

Another thing that might help is drink literally as much water as possible. I've been doing that and the bloating is terrible but I know the water weight will go away over time.

Hang in there girl! Add me if you want an accountability partner! 😊😊