NYBNY Challenge week 6 results week 7 chat closed group

Options
2»

Replies

• gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I really need to get back on track. Ever since starting my courses last week I have been putting working out on the back burner, which is sad because the previous 6 weeks I was all about the working out. I am all or nothing I need to learn moderation and balance.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am at 4 points for the week, on my way to a perfect 10! Yesterday I walked around campus for 15 minutes, did 45 minutes of Walk Away the Pounds, and did 30 minutes of Run Your Butt Off.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Question: for Rep'n Tuesday, how do we determine the added 20 minutes? If I'm running 30-60 minutes normally, would I have to run 80 minutes for it to count, or would 50 suffice?

If you already run 60 then you would add 20min. (not far if you are use to doing 60 and you get the point for doing 50) I personally do 45 min when i comes to cardio (when on the machines) so for me it would be 85min to get the point. Same with the reps, I usally do three sets of what ever exercise I'm doing (curls, situps, push ups) so I would add a few more to each rep to get at least 20 extra in for the point.

this is definitely going to be a bit confusing to me because i dont HAVE a set time i exercise- i usually do whatever i want to do and push myself however far i want to go... can we just say that the minimum has to be at least 20 minutes, so that if you do 20, you have to do 20 more to get the point?
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I am at 4 points for the week, on my way to a perfect 10! Yesterday I walked around campus for 15 minutes, did 45 minutes of Walk Away the Pounds, and did 30 minutes of Run Your Butt Off.
    Whoo! Hooo!! Me too :) let's get a perfect score this week :):):)
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Another question has come up about the additional 20 minutes of cardio. Does that have to be at the same time as your other cardio or can you add a 20 minute session during the day?
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    I need some help. Looking at next month's challenges I think I can handle them but I am totally stuck at to what to do for strength training. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start looking for plans/ideas. Better yet, do you know of a good DVD?
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Emily exercises like push ups, sit ups, planks, etc are really good and no equipment or dvds are needed. Here is a few sites you can check out...

http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/a/bestexercises.htm

http://www.strength-training-woman.com

ETA: I like the second one you can pick exercises based on areas you want to target!
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Have my 164oz pf water down. Looking forward to starting next months challenges!!
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ok guys. I slacked last week so I'm sorry, but I have it together for this week.
    Tues-45 min of Insanity, 35 min of Chalean Extreme and 10 min stretching
    Wed-128 oz water

I'm back people. LEt's go Team Abnehmen!!!!
  • nb9251
    Options
    OK Hot 100 done! Well actualy 200
    50 squat kicks
    50 crunches
    50 wood chops
    100 jumping jacks

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    2 points for today! 2 more challenges and I'll be at a perfect 10 for the week!
  • gretchen0824
    Options
    wed---128 oz

off to do my 200!!!
  • 2 points for today!!! 100 jumping jacks, 50 knee lifts, and 50 push-ups. I'm doing perfect this week!!!!!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm loving new daily challenges! Just wanted to check in... it's been so busy here with my kids starting school, awanas, and soccer... but I'm still getting challenges done.

Let's go Team Abnehmen!!!!!
  • gretchen0824
    Options
    100 wall push ups
    100 squats
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Yay! Another two points. Between that and being able to get a skirt on (not wearable yet, but I could zip and button it) make for a pretty good NSV day!
  • Sorry team. No points today :(
  • nb9251
    Options
    Ht my fiber goal and ate all my fruits and veggies. 2 for Team Abnehmen!
  • minni2906
    Options
    Do hiking and rock climbing count as strength training?
  • nb9251
    Options
    Did Chalean Extreme Push Circuit 1 today. Strength training done!