Purging.

Options
13»

Replies

• Watch_Me_Shrink
    Watch_Me_Shrink Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    And as for the NJ Family Care, CONTACT THEM AGAIN!! They will get back to you eventually if you keep contacting them. Don't give up after the first time!!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to judge I'm just going to give you some info,it is "normal" for your throat to hurt or to be horse afterwards. Your stomach contains a thick layer of mucus that protects it, with out this mucus it would digest itself, your esophagus does not contain this mucus so the acid irritates it. This can lead to serious acid burns in your esophagus. Also do you ever notice your teeth become sensitive or clear-ish? that is also from the acid, it breaks down tooth enamel.. there are other side effects you should know about, but i dont want to be too preachy, but go ahead and message me if you want to know, or ever want to talk-about anything.. from the lastest sponge bob episode..too more serious issues like this.. i'm here :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    not here to tell you its bad or watever, but why has it come to this??
    why do you feel the need to do it??

I've been purging since eighth grade. It's just gotten worse lately.

Are you seekign help? There are so many bad side affect and if you have been doing this for years, you can do a lot of damage. Stomach, throat, intestines, etc...

I don't have any health insurance at the moment, so I'm doing my best on my own to try to stop.

Holly if you are in high school talk to your guidance counselor! I am a nursing major, and we just learned there are tons of health care programs available to those without health insurance, and your counselor should know more about it.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I know you expect to hear this since you are putting it out there: please seek help. binging and purging is disorded eating... not healthy. yes, the hoarseness is from the vomiting.

good luck with coming to terms with all of this.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said, but wanted to wish you luck in the recovery process.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    You are a brave young lady to ask the hard question. Lots of good information has come your way.
    Wishing you success. Start by healthy eating (definitely in Moderation) and try really hard to keep those
    nutrients with you.
    Agreed. It took a lot of guts to ask this! I'm glad you are getting advice.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the help and support. I'm really glad I didn't get any mean responses on here. <3
  • makaylasaginger
    Options
    If it burns that means the stomach acid is coming up to your esophagus (or however you spell that) which is veryy bad. It can cause your esophagus to rupture eventually, which will kill you extremely painfully.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If it burns that means the stomach acid is coming up to your esophagus (or however you spell that) which is veryy bad. It can cause your esophagus to rupture eventually, which will kill you extremely painfully.

Scary. That can happen as I'm throwing up or randomly?
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It can happen as you are throwing up, as far as I know. And the more times you throw up the more easily it can happen. Your esophagus was not meant to bring food back up on a regular basis and over time it weakens. Please, please, please be careful. You should google the dangers so that you are fully informed. that might help you to avoid the urge to vomit.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    not here to tell you its bad or watever, but why has it come to this??
    why do you feel the need to do it??

I've been purging since eighth grade. It's just gotten worse lately.

Are you seekign help? There are so many bad side affect and if you have been doing this for years, you can do a lot of damage. Stomach, throat, intestines, etc...

I don't have any health insurance at the moment, so I'm doing my best on my own to try to stop.

Call your local social services office. There are counseling programs that charge on a sliding fee based on income for those without insurance. You need professional help. Even if you just go to your church, temple, whatever (if you're religious) and speak with your priest or pastor or rabbi or whatever. If they can't help directly, they can point you in the right direction.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If you want help gave you looked at alternatives available. Are you religious? Some churches have youth workers and pastors that will help religion aside otherwise does your school gave a nurse or counsellor? You may find some organizations that have youth drop in centers with youth workers you can talk to.

Do you know which disorder you have? Do you always under eat then purge when forced to eat or do you diet very strict then binge on food and purge? You have been very brave conning forward it is a hard thong to do and I hope you can
    one day say you broke the cycle you are in!