Intermittent Fasting

Options
Hey all I've been fasting for a bit, down 30 lbs and loving it! Anyone out here fasting and would like to be friends? I usually do 16:8, 18:6 and once in a while an extended fast!

Replies

• JasonJoyHedenskog
    JasonJoyHedenskog Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I do every once in awhile. What are your typical eating hours? I’d rather quit eating after 6 or so since I’m an early riser.
  • squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I vary every day as according to experts on autophagy with fasting it is best. I’m mostly 18:6 but will do 16:8 and OMAD at 23. I try extended fasts once a month but usually just 36 Monk fast instead of 48s and 72s I often try but fall short. I plan after Christmas and then after New Years to do both a 48 and a 72.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    squirley13 wrote: »
    I vary every day as according to experts on autophagy with fasting it is best. I’m mostly 18:6 but will do 16:8 and OMAD at 23. I try extended fasts once a month but usually just 36 Monk fast instead of 48s and 72s I often try but fall short. I plan after Christmas and then after New Years to do both a 48 and a 72.

Curious, do you drink?

• eating_rainbows
    eating_rainbows Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve been fasting for quite some time now and it wasn’t till this past fall that I got serious about doing it more. I usually do 16:8 during my working days (I work 12 hours 3 days a week), and the days I have off I usually do 18:6 or 23-26 hour fasts. It’s all about how my body is feeling. I’ve lost 25 pounds since changing to stricter fasts and following a vegan diet. Hoping to become stricter on diet (less sugar and eating mostly raw veggies).
  • ElleBellesTheoBear
    ElleBellesTheoBear Posts: 67 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I do if pretty much everyday 18:6 alongside weighing all my food and allowing 2 days a week where I increase my calories by 400-600 (from my 1200a day) and I’m down 43lbs since September
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of fasting @tammyfrank1974 and I would love to be friends! Fasting gives the digestive system a break, refreshing for the mind and re-energizing for me...I feel so much better after a fast... I do 16:8 some days, maybe 2 or 3 per week and once in a while I like to do at least a 24 hour fast every couple of weeks. Congratulations on the 30 pound loss!
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    squirley13 wrote: »

I do not know why anyone would disagree with you! I think what you are doing is great if it works for you! You definitely did not fall short; 36 hours is quite a fast! Truth is that most people do not have the self discipline or willpower to fast. They think they're starving to death after a few hours with no food. Ignore ignorant people, not worth your time, unless you want to keep them around for entertainment purposes.
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be friends. I'm new to fasting. I've been doing 14:10 to get through the holidays. Now that they are over I want to do longer fasts & begin logging my food.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 14:10 and I like it. I may adjust to 16:8 at some point, but so far I found that it is a little much for me, and I overeating when it was finally time to eat again. 14:10 also works well with my work schedule. I get to work at 10 and I eat my breakfast. I have a long commute so I usually get home between 7:30 and 8 each night and I eat my last meal for the day.
  • LeggyTexanGirl
    LeggyTexanGirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting 16:8 Jan 2 I would any friends
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    I did not count calories today but I'm sure I ate several thousand calories in junk. I'm going to do a 24 hour fast to kick off a better start. I support all of you. I'll try other fasts at different times. Happy New Year!
  • StrongerBeings
    StrongerBeings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I alternative between 16:8 and OMAD.

Looking for friends that also do Intermittent fasting, and curious to see what others eat on OMAD.

I hail from Australia :)
  • kara_tastic
    kara_tastic Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do the 16 hour fast. I use an app also to make sure i time it correctly otherwise I forget my starting time😊
  • KokoPuff6
    KokoPuff6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m new to IF, going on almost two weeks now. I do 14:10. It’s working pretty well so far and I hope to try a 24h fast soon, just to see how it feels. I’d love to have some IF buddies!