What's the best fast food to eat?

Options
I'm looking to find other fast food options beside subway any suggestions?

Replies

• TLJustice43
    Options
    Jimmy Johns they have lettuce wraps
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    *Chants: PITA PIT! PITA PIT! PITA PIT!*.

Mmmmmm! My fave!
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    wendy's chili. at least in the winter...
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree, Jimmy Johns is good and has healthier options available.
  • bluejay22
    Options
    Be careful on the sodium with any fast food. I used to be Mr. Fast food but gradually left all of it alone. I sincerely could not in good faith reccomend a single one.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Rabbits. Antelopes. The occasional cheetah (but they are REALLY fast).
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHA ~ oh thats so bad ~ but so funny :) I think I'll let you go catch that fast food, I'll get normal slow food from the grocery store
  • trilikeagirl
    Options

LOL
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Best fast food is what you take with you ahead of time. Fruit, Powerbars, mini-wheats, etc.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Check out Eat This, Not That. It shows the best and worst options at many national chain restaurants.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/home
    Check out the Top Swaps section. They also have a series of books.
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have to eat on the road quite a bit. Wendy's has a great salad, their chili is good--sometimes I pour it directly over one of their baked potatoes. McDonald's Asian Chicken salad is good. KFC grilled chicken is decent, and at least you can get veggies other than French fries there. I like Burger King veggie burgers with all the Whopper toppings except mayo. Taco Bell has a decent lower calorie menu in their Fresco lineup, you can get three crunchy beef tacos for 450 calories, and the other options are pretty good too. Gotta watch that sodium intake with the fast food tho.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You can squeeze a relatively healthy meal out of most fast food restaurants. Carl's Jr has a couple of grilled chicken sandwiches that are pretty good and reasonable. McDonald's has some tasty salads. Panda Express isn't too bad as long as you stay the heck away from the orange chicken!!!

It's not ideal but most of the time you don't have to give in to a triple bacon cheeseburger just because you're eating fast food.

Another favorite option for me when i'm on the run is to go to a grocery store instead. They have lots of deli items that are all ready to go that are typically quite a bit healthier.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    ANY fast food is fine in moderation, if you have to eat on the go a lot pack lunches! Personally I feel like it's a waste going into a fast food place and ordering a salad :P
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Ham subway. Double hamburger McDonalds (no cheese). Chicken Fresco soft tacos Taco Bell.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds has some great stuff. Some will disagree, but they have some great options.

Also, keep in mind places like Panera >_< They have these awesome frozen lemonades like Mcdonalds, at 100 calories each!!!

Also, keep in mind places like Pizza My Heart where you can grab a slice of pizza >_<
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Not exactly fast food but Papa Murphys have their deLite pizzas that are quite delicious. I like the Mediteranean Chicken deLite. The crust is thinner but still yummy. I stayed away from them because of the name. Lets just say the taste alot better than they sound.
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    subway - minus the cheese and may.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    el pollo loco w/o skin. in-n-out "protein style"-meat patty wrapped in lettuce, any salad w/ low cal dressing and grilled chicken, yummy... :drinker:
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell fresca menu. Also Taco Bell has a tostada (often not on the menu) that is 250 calories = flat tostada + beans + lettuce + sauce + cheese. It is like a flat bean taco (but more filling). Sometime I order it with tomatoes and onions and extra lettuce. Two of those fills me up.

Rubios (fresh mex) has a great grande bowl.

I've heard that Panda Express has good options, but I don't know.
  • girlypop
    Options
    Most fast food chains have slightly healthier options i.e. salad with chicken... I like Tim Hortons, like a good canadian girl! They do a pretty good soup or sandwich for a good price and the calories aren't bad either, course I'm pretty sure the site assumes you don't have sauce... Mustard is very low cal tho....