Everything’s a mess

Options
My skin is breaking out the worst it has ever been. I gained 15 kgs in two years.

Allow me to explain: I’m a food addict - I seriously cannot help myself and I really want a diet plan that will help me lose 0.5-1 kg per week. I do exercise more frequentlu per week though. For years I thought that my lack of exercise was making me gain weight. However, I’ve starte dexercising 3-5 times per week for 30 mins to an hour since January. I stopped for a while during exams, and I gained a few kgs then. My weight gain is so so rapid and I’m scared and I just want daily meal plans that will make my body melt down a lot more.

Don’t get me wrong- I’m such an advocate for self love. I’m not ashamed of the looks of my body. I’m ashamed of what goes inside it. My family has a long line of life-threatening diseases. My dad has high cholesterol and bp. My mum is diabetic. My uncle just had heart surgery from clogged arteries. My aunt died of cancer. My point is, I’m inevitably prone to sickness and I want to minimise chances of it being contributed to by my diet. So, I want to start eating healthier: but I don’t know WHAT to eat. I’m the type of person to eat just because I’m bored. So please, give me suggestions for a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner AND SNACKS TOO BECAUSE I LOVE FOOD SO SO MUCH AND I WANT MY HEALTH ON TRACK

Replies

• meredithsloane
    meredithsloane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    To help you keep it simple (which helped me at times). Breakfast- protein smoothie or Greek yogurt mixed with granola and a handful of berries. Lunch, ham and cheese on whole wheat toast. Dinner- grilled chicken, brown rice and broccoli or cauliflower. My go to snacks are trail mix (use a measuring cup), air popped pop corn and for “dessert”, a cup of Honey Nut Cheerios. Hope this helps!!
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Eating foods that are less calorie-dense means you can eat a lot more, and those foods often turn out to be full of good stuff (fiber, vitamins, minerals, etc.) The most important part is logging everything you eat (everything...vitamin gummies, coffee creamer, oils you cook with, etc.) and staying within your calorie allotment based on the info you entered in MFP. The MOST you should aim to lose per week is 2 lbs. If you're a snacker (like me), have some lower-calorie options ready ahead of time. I like slices of green pepper with hummus, hardboiled eggs, apples, portions of crackers you've pre-weighed in baggies. Losing weight comes down to consuming fewer calories than you burn. You could eat only french fries and, as long as you stay within your calorie limit, you'll lose weight. You'd be hungry all the time because french fries are calorie-dense, but you'd still lose weight.

Read this. I think you could really benefit from the info: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • kbk1335
    kbk1335 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Damn. I’m looking back at this and I can feel my hopelessness again. It’s crazy that I’ve changed so much in 6 months.