Hey! I'm NEW to FitnessPal

Options
Hi my name is Kedra Bryant and I'm a high school graduate, and my biggest fear is too catch the Freshman 15!
If you don't know what Freshman 15 is it's when you start college and because you're away from authority of parents and youre on youre own you tend to gain more, no one is there to say NO! it becomes youre choice! I LOVE FOOD! But i want to know how to manage eating right and exercise. I'm an entertainer so i tend to burn calories through what i do dancing, and singing but it's not enough... Can someone give me as a Newbie advice about my problem on whats healthy what to stay away from, um i think thats it! i need ALOT of guidance for me to lose weight...Oh did i forget to mention i live in South Korea??? yeaahhh lol
-TALK TO ME :) KedraB.

Replies

• mariek
    Options
    Hi Kedra, Im Marie. I am in college also. (Late bloomer). lol. My biggest challenge is finding time to exercise while Im going to school. I started myself on a routine during the summer, so when school is in again, I am prepared to continue burning calories.
    I love the calorie counter on this site. If you can not log on all the time, keep a small note pad with you to write what you ate, Then log it in when you have time.
    You would be surprised how many little things add up to lots of calories. I did this for a while, and now Im careful about what I eat. I hope I helped a bit. Good luck. Post as you can. It helps to talk it out. LOL. NIce to meet you.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I find that if I stack all my texts books in a pile they transform into great weights to use as work out equipment.
    If I divide them in two both stacks weigh 10lbs.

Good luck with the weight loss/ holding off and college. ^^
  • chiefinkorea
    Options
    Hi Kedra,

I've tried this a couple of times and just logging in what you eat is a real eye-opener. It's amazing how quickly the calories add up. Exercise calories are great - they give you a bit more leeway as you start out. I'm no expert but I'd say it's all about balance and not starving yourself.

I also live in South Korea and sometimes find the portion control with Korean food difficult over here. I'd be interested to see how you do with that. Good luck,

Joe
  • ThaUprising4star
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments! I will use them all! It's nice to meet you guys too...My plan is to lose 40 pounds before i go back to the states which is next summer so...hopefully i complete this goal
  • ThaUprising4star
    Options
    ANOTHER QUICK QUESTION!
    The calorie tracker...Do i have to those many calories a day?