Slytherin Common Room :)

Options

Replies

• MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just changed my username :) It used to be Lesley1126
    My new username is what people have been calling me since I got engaged. It's a combination of my fiance's last name and my last name.
  • katep2492
    katep2492 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    hi I'm kate I'm a 19 year old college student going for music ed and enjoying life playing my instruments! I'm trying to be healthier and lose weight because I have PCOS so I'm looking forward to helping bring the slytherins to victories.
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    Lesley.. i'm reading the Game of Throne series also.. i didn't know about the HBO show, I'll have to do some googling.. :-) thanks for the introduction.
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi fellow Slytherins! My name is Lynn and I'm from Australia! I've been on MFP for a month or so now and have lost a few poundsbut have been losing more in measurements as I'm doing a lot of exercise and have been building muscle. Last year I was very fit for an old gal as I went on an Australian Pilgrmage to New Guinea and walked the Kokoda Track. It's a nasty walk (over 8 long days) but was a fabulous experience. Sadly I let myself go when I got back and gradually put back 23 of the 35 pounds I lost before going. Very frustrating as I've been yo yo dieting all my life! I have another challenge now so I am back! So still have 20 odd poinds to go. Sadly I wont contribute a huge amount to the team in terms of pounds lost but I will contribute with as much enthusiasm and encouragement as I can! All the best all!
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Lesley.. i'm reading the Game of Throne series also.. i didn't know about the HBO show, I'll have to do some googling.. :-) thanks for the introduction.

Reneda - The show is actually really good! George R.R. Martin is one of the writers for the show so it is pretty close to the books. I definitely recommend watching it. They do have to stray from it a little to make sure it works as a show, but it's amazing. I actually also got to meet George RR Martin the day the 5th book came came out. I got a signed copy! :) It was so awesome and he is such a nice guy!
    Which book are you on?

To everyone else- How are we all doing?? 4 more days til our first term starts! In the mean time, keep that water level up!!
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    How cool for you!! I am only on the first book. I downloaded it because it was on sale through Amazon (for my Kindle) and let it set on my library forever!! I didn't really know that the book was about or even the popularity of it.. I thought it was just another discounted book through Amazon... Once I started reading it, I was hooked. I have been reading all the Harry Potter books at the same time so I'm going pretty slow on the Game of Thrones... (I read Harry Potter at home and Game of Thrones on my iPhone Kindle app when I'm not at home).

I will definintely check out the TV series.. Sounds interesting!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am watching the Game of Thrones on HBO too! My husband introduced me to the books and I am working through them. I agree the series goes very well with the books!
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    Thanks for the encouargement Leslie, hope we can add somethingto the weigh in on Monday! Whoops I mean lose something! Re the Game of Thrones, I have unfortunatley not been into it or read the books. Might need to check that out. Good luck all!.
  • janiecorona
    Options
    Are we doing any challenges or exercises as a group or do we simply check in on Mondays?
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    Are we doing any challenges or exercises as a group or do we simply check in on Mondays?

I think we should do some challenges!! I know I push myself so much more if I have a "challenge" or "goal"
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options

I think we should do some challenges!! I know I push myself so much more if I have a "challenge" or "goal"

Agreed! I feel like Slytherins are naturally pretty competitive ;) so a house challenge should kick us all into high gear.
  • katep2492
    katep2492 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love having challenges I'm very competitive and I don't like to lose probably like most people in this house!
  • janiecorona
    Options
    That's great! What should our first challenge be? Let us put our cunning heads together and go above and beyond.(:
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    That's great! What should our first challenge be? Let us put our cunning heads together and go above and beyond.(:

hmm I am thinking an exercise challenge...what do you guys think?
  • janiecorona
    Options
    Yes, definitely an exercise challenge. :)
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    The term doesn't officially start until Monday, Sept. 5th, but I've got 2 challenges for all of you before we get started!

This weekend, walk/jog/run a total of 6 miles AND drink 9 cups (72 oz) of water each day!!
    For the 6 miles, you can either split it up and do 3 miles each day, or do it all in one shot - it's up to you. This won't count for any points for our house, but it'll be a way to keep you moving this weekend!! :)

Have fun!!
  • almostgoth
    almostgoth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Slytherin!

Just a quick intro. I'm a professional ninja nerd. I've been "dieting" for about 6 months now-using mfp to monitor calories.I've lost about 50 lbs so far. I'm only about 6 lbs away from my final goal, but now that I'm nearing it, I may re-*kitten* and drop an additional 5 lbs or so. I wanna see if I can get something approaching a six pack :P Anyways I'm looking forward to contributing to the challenges...

cheers
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    The term doesn't officially start until Monday, Sept. 5th, but I've got 2 challenges for all of you before we get started!

This weekend, walk/jog/run a total of 6 miles AND drink 9 cups (72 oz) of water each day!!
    For the 6 miles, you can either split it up and do 3 miles each day, or do it all in one shot - it's up to you. This won't count for any points for our house, but it'll be a way to keep you moving this weekend!! :)

Have fun!!

I am in!!!!!!!!!

3 miles down this afternoon! Also pushing 60lb stroller (2 children) good work out
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    Whoops had the worst weekend and only just read this. Certainly let the team down this weekend and it's over now!! Sorry team!
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Whoops had the worst weekend and only just read this. Certainly let the team down this weekend and it's over now!! Sorry team!

No worries Lynn! It was just a little mini challange that I put up to get up moving and motivated. It didn't count towards any house points or anything. Just a fun little get-up-and-go pre-term challenge!