Type 2 Diabetes Support

Options
Hi there. I'm Donnie, soon to be 53 and I am Type 2 Diabetic looking for fellow Type 2 Diabetic warriors for mutual support and motivation. I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Psoriatic Arthritis in 2014 and 9 months of Prednisone turned into Type 2 Diabetes to deal with. I'm currently on 2500 mg of Metformin and 10 mg of Glipizide ER and...I will crush my goal and lose 50 pounds in 2020! Please add me if you are battling Type 2 Diabetes and let's support one another!

Cheers!
Donnie

Replies

• Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I reversed mine in 3 months completely quitting sugar and carbs on keto and low carb Good luck
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    That really sucks that Prednisone led to it! Mine is in remission, went off Metformin in September when my A1C was 4.5. I struggle with hypoglycemia now so I've added in carbs like beans, starchy vegetables, fruit, and oatmeal. Losing weight, exercise, diet, and increasing fiber (seriously went down about 10 points) really helped and I have a very strong family history of diabetes on both sides of the family.

You can definitely lose the weight and improve your situation! Because I'm eating carbs to increase blood sugar I don't know if my diary is the best example of how to eat though I'm still a healthy eater (aside of holidays!) in general. You're welcome to add me!
  • jasamjak__67
    jasamjak__67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I reversed mine in 3 months completely quitting sugar and carbs on keto and low carb Good luck

That is awesome @Womanvsweight - I hope I can follow your results!!!

<3
  • jasamjak__67
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    That really sucks that Prednisone led to it! Mine is in remission, went off Metformin in September when my A1C was 4.5. I struggle with hypoglycemia now so I've added in carbs like beans, starchy vegetables, fruit, and oatmeal. Losing weight, exercise, diet, and increasing fiber (seriously went down about 10 points) really helped and I have a very strong family history of diabetes on both sides of the family.

You can definitely lose the weight and improve your situation! Because I'm eating carbs to increase blood sugar I don't know if my diary is the best example of how to eat though I'm still a healthy eater (aside of holidays!) in general. You're welcome to add me!

@Katmary71 - I just sent you a request :)
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options

That is awesome @Womanvsweight - I hope I can follow your results!!!

<3

Good luck 😉
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi Donnie. T2 is a journey but it can be beat into a dormant type mode with life style changes and an understanding of what you are eating and especially when to eat it. It will take work and educating yourself but with dedication that 50 pounds will come off and the pills may go away with it.

I went from a 7.3 A1C on 2000mg of metformin feeling like junk every minute of the day to under 5.0 with no pills by educating myself and making changes.

Carbs in excess for no purpose other than they taste good is where the trouble sits while carbs for near instant energy or for muscle stores are a good thing. Timing intake matters...
  • jasamjak__67
    Options
    qweck3 wrote: »
    Hi Donnie. T2 is a journey but it can be beat into a dormant type mode with life style changes and an understanding of what you are eating and especially when to eat it. It will take work and educating yourself but with dedication that 50 pounds will come off and the pills may go away with it.

I went from a 7.3 A1C on 2000mg of metformin feeling like junk every minute of the day to under 5.0 with no pills by educating myself and making changes.

Carbs in excess for no purpose other than they taste good is where the trouble sits while carbs for near instant energy or for muscle stores are a good thing. Timing intake matters...

@qweck3 That is awesome...good for you!

I'm paying very close attention to the foods that are high in Glycemic Index...staying away from them. And, getting serious about more workouts.