Why are people so concerned....

Options
2»

Replies

• solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    He might be afraid that once you feel better about yourself that you might leave him.

My boyfriend already feels like I'm too good for him and the more weight I lose the more uneasy he gets about it even though he really has nothing to be afraid of.

^This.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options

He may also feel like your new lifestyle has changed you, but nothing has changed with him ... maybe he feels left out? See if he is responsive for joining in workouts and cooking healthy meals. This will allow you two to bond, but also change together.

Funny you mention that. We planned to start going on long bike rides together about a month ago. Though with the hurricane and such the plans have fallen through. He was so excited about working out with me. He went around telling anyone who would listen that we were "going biking together"... just a side note I thought was funny
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Are you dating my Fiancee? lol.... Don't listen to him! It sounds to me that he is scared that if you lose this weight, you will leave him. There absolutely t nothing wrong with losing 1 pound a week. I lost 2 pounds a week and I am just fine. In fact, I better than I ever when I was 23 yr old. I have a positive energy now and my self confidence has spiked big time. My fiancee don't know what to do now but he will be fine. Keep doing what you're are doing and lose as much as you want! Good luck :)
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Are you dating my Fiancee? lol.... Don't listen to him! It sounds to me that he is scared that if you lose this weight, you will leave him. There absolutely t nothing wrong with losing 1 pound a week. I lost 2 pounds a week and I am just fine. In fact, I better than I ever when I was 23 yr old. I have a positive energy now and my self confidence has spiked big time. My fiancee don't know what to do now but he will be fine. Keep doing what you're are doing and lose as much as you want! Good luck :)
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Even my wife asked me the other day if I would still love her after, her words, "got all buff and in shape and not fall in love with a gym bunny" So I think they are a little threatened of change and are really concerned about us finding someone else.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with my hubby - I even showed him a pic of a similar height girl at my goal weight and he said 'eww - that's too small.' So I quit talking numbers with him. Now I give a vague " Not sure how much I wanna lose- I will no better when I get closer."

I wonder if they compare the number to their own?
  • InaWarZone
    Options
    I agree you are doing the right thing for the right reasons, good for you!

Your boyfriend is clearly insecure. Very difficult for an insecure person to change, hope you realize that.

In the end, you are making your choices for YOU!

If he doesn't like your decision to be healthy, perhaps your life would be healthier without him!