Elimination Diet-strict

Options
audi5odj
audi5odj Posts: 1 Member
Anyone had this experience? Do you have any recipe suggestions?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    What foods/food groups are you trying to eliminate?

Also why are you wanting to do it?

The answer to these questions will help us to respond appropriately 😊
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    no
    maybe
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    No one can answer your question with so little information.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    No one can answer your question with so little information.

This. There are lots of different kinds of elimination diets, for different reasons.
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Whole30 is an elimination 'diet'
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    what is elimination diet ?
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Do you mean an elimatipn diet to check for food intollerence. My friend has started one and it's intense.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    pessxx wrote: »
    what is elimination diet ?

It's a short term diet that's sometimes used to diagnose food intolerances and/or figure out what food(s) may be causing someone's medical condition to flare up. It involves cutting out a lot of foods out of your diet for a period of time and then gradually adding them back one at a time, all while keeping a journal of how you're feeling and what symptoms you're having.

Given the individual nuances of people's bodies, asking "do you have recipe suggestions" isn't a question that people on the internet (or off the internet) can answer without knowing what someone is eliminating. If someone said, "I'm eliminating nightshades, wheat, alliums, and corn. Does anyone have recipe suggestions?" that would be a very different situation and suggestions for recipes would be something people could give.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • bighoopattitude
    bighoopattitude Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you mean an elimatipn diet to check for food intollerence. My friend has started one and it's intense.

Can confirm. I learned about my intolerances this way so well worth it.

I approached it like you would a baby. I picked a breakfast lunch and dinner and made them the same for three days and recorded any findings. The meals were pretty basic and bland but it was easier to observe.

I learned a few things but mostly was how my body does not process gassy or processed carbs. You know those little bits of potatoes or pasta in canned soups? Those will *kitten* me up.