Sexy in Six Week 2 ***closed group***

Options

Replies

• sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: What was the hardest change you had to make in order to lose weight?

Food/calorie log . . . . . . truthful food/calorie log. Very difficult, especially when you go over your allotment . . . . like today . . . . . where's the ice cream?? ;)
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: What was the hardest change you had to make in order to lose weight?

For me it letting go of all those carbs. I used to love carbs. And not the good ones either. My first step was to switch to healthier carbs, my second was to stop making then the focal point of my meals. Now I don't even miss them. Except for ice cream. Goodness I kinda wish I never tried it so I didn't have to crave it.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options

To not eat the same meal with others. You know how it works they always say come on eat with me, I don't want to eat alone. Outside of that I am a snackaholic! Just went shopping today and hoping to change this. I basically live on snacks and I realize my body can't be getting the nutrients it needs whether I'm under my calorie goal or not. Really hoping to kick this bad habit!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven’t answered any of this week’s questions thus far as I was away, so I’m just catching up now.

Monday QOTD: ..how did you get to the point where you realized you had to do something about it and what made you realize this??

Over the years I have tried endless diets with varied amounts of success. Even when I was doing well I would still end up sabotaging my weight loss and ultimately give up. In the spring of 2010 a friend told me about MFP and I could see she was experiencing success, but for dear knows what reason, I still wasn’t ready to take action. Then just after new year’s 2011, I overheard another friend asking my friend how she had lost the weight (by then she had lost 40 lbs and was looking amazing!) … this time, seeing her lose weight and knowing her method was a change in lifestyle… I finally decided to check out MFP. And it didn’t take me long to realize this is defintiely the way to go, to share my journey with others who know exactly what I am going through !

Tuesday QOTD: We all have challenging days. What is your favorite trick to get your impulses under control? How do you put down the snacks and get yourself off the couch?

My best plan of action is having my day /foods/calories/exercised planned out in advance, then it actually happens. I am still not quite there yet…

Both getting intentional exercise and not reaching for a snack whenever I pass through the kitchen. I had nibbled 70 extra lbs on to my body through lack of planning and paying attention to what I was putting into my mouth. My success thus far has been because I am finally paying attention!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Working out!!! I do not love it, and I am still working on making it a regular part of my week. It still feels like an added thing to my to-do list and when there is already SO much on my to-do list, I kinda resent it. I am still looking for that one thing that I can really get excited about.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wed QOTD: the hardest change?

Giving myself permission to succeed! I have a tendency to self-sabotage, because I figure I'm going to fail anyhow or I'm not worthy of being "thin" or something like that. I'm STILL working on that change...
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Wow...I think the hardest change was making the right food choices AND portion control. I still struggle with it sometimes, especially when I'm going out with family and friends. I've had to check out the menu beforehand and make my choice before going to the restaurant, so that I can plan my meals before hand.

About the right food choices, my big struggle was cutting down unhealthy carbs, fast food and processed meat.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For me it's been things like this past weekend...traveling, weird circumstances, anything where I'm not in my own kitchen and not in "control" of the kind of food that is actually getting in front of me. Another thing is to jump right back on the wagon after situations like that...before, even if I had one bad day, I'd sometimes say "oh, I'll just start next week." Now it's "that day is behind me, today I'm right back at it!"

I actually was able to stick within reason on my diet despite the hurricane though, and that was huge!

The other thing is portion control and also making sure I have enough calories by dinner time. I too am a huge snacker, and so sometimes I find planning/logging dinner ahead of time helps me to curb my snacking during the day as it's a much more accurate account of how much I have left.
  • sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Changing my mind set has been the hardest thing for me. I know that it is what is going to be the most effective in the long run!
  • nikip6454
    Options

It sounds so gross to even say it...I had to give up breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds and the gas station. I eat pretty well all day long but I drive by at least 3 MacDons and several PDQs every morning and I was stopping a couple times a week. That crap is so bad for you!

I still get something from MacDons on Mondays--I got the oatmeal once and the parfait once. I may be over it!
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I am a total snacker. I used to just graze after getting home from work. I wouldn't have any idea how many calories I was eating. Now, it's still difficult, but I try to limit myself to one snack and that's it.
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I am a total snacker. I used to just graze after getting home from work. I wouldn't have any idea how many calories I was eating. Now, it's still difficult, but I try to limit myself to one snack and that's it.

I can so relate to that! Especially while I'm waiting for the actual dinner to be ready. :S It was so bad...
  • For me it's been things like this past weekend...traveling, weird circumstances, anything where I'm not in my own kitchen and not in "control" of the kind of food that is actually getting in front of me. Another thing is to jump right back on the wagon after situations like that...before, even if I had one bad day, I'd sometimes say "oh, I'll just start next week." Now it's "that day is behind me, today I'm right back at it!"

I know exactly what you mean!! I do great if I stay at home and make all my own food, but the second something out of the ordinary comes up I find it so hard to stick with!
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Self control & mentality over food - I have a huge sweet tooth (that I'm still trying to work on). I don't know what the word "moderation" means when it comes to sweets, I just tend to dive in! The change is slowly happening, I just have to get in the right mind set, but it's hard. It's amazing the power food has - why does a cookie have more power over me than my own mind?? I know I can do it, I just have to continue working at it...
  • Honey1990
    Options
    eating every single time my boyfriend decided he was hungry. i mean we used to eat all the time. it was difficult to not to eat everytime we went out.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I apologize for not being present here the last two days. I've been keeping up with the challenge, but working long long long hours. All I do is just go home and sleep. I have been so tired I've barely had time to eat! But I am getting that water in! Go team blue!

TUESDAY What is your favorite trick to get your impulses under control? How do you put down the snacks and get yourself off the couch?

Prayer. Picturing me in the outfit I just bought. Reminding myself of the event I have coming up.

WEDNESDAY What was the hardest change you had to make in order to lose weight?

Exercise. I never had exercised deliberately before as an adult! Probably why I was the size I was!
  • leamatthew
    Options
    Thursday QOTD - Whats the one food that you've found the hardest to give up? and do u on occasion treat yourself to it?

Crisps and sausage rolls! as for the crisps apart from my holiday in july i havent had a "real" packet since march, if i did id be scared of going bacwards (there my addiction) i occasionall treat myself to a sausage roll tho and just make sure i work the bugger off afterwards!
  • almille
    Options
    Thursday QOTD - Whats the one food that you've found the hardest to give up? and do u on occasion treat yourself to it?

Empty carbs. I'm trying so hard to get more meaningful nutrition in, but I'm living on a really tight budget and boy they're cheap and filling and stretch out any meal.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Living in the South, with out HOT HOT summers and since I typically work outside, I could eat ice cream every day - now I use it as a reward - if I stick to my sexy in six challenges for 2 solid weeks, I can have 1 scoop - as long as I budget for it in my calories. Earning it makes it EVEN better!!!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    eating every single time my boyfriend decided he was hungry. i mean we used to eat all the time. it was difficult to not to eat everytime we went out.

Oh I KNOW! And they always seem to like to make sure you have the exact size portion they do! It's so sweet...but so bad for the waistline...