Progress Pics

I finally took some "after" photos this morning, and really surprised myself. I still look like my old self in the mirror.

I'm down 47 pounds since last February. (I had already lost 15-ish pounds in the "before" photo).

I'm still 5-10 pounds away from my goal weight.. but I've already started easing towards maintenance. I tell myself my top priority is now building strength / improving fitness, with any more weight loss a happy side effect.

I feel amazing, but wish the mirror would catch up with how I look in real life! Remember to take photos, my friends.

Thanks to everyone for posting a wealth of information and support here, I couldn't have done it without you all!

Before:
pu476niz0xz1.jpg

"After" (still a work in progress):
l54ged7kbkwf.jpg
endedhvztpcx.jpg
e9go4khily2p.jpg

Replies

• mlsh69
    mlsh69 Posts: 31 Member
    U look fabulous
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Wow what a change!
  • fitnessguy266
    fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member
    Amazing progress OP!💪 The dedication involved in that transformation is simply amazing.

I think it's very interesting this hasn't gotten a little more attention considering this a motivational platform, but then again, i'm pretty sure why....keep it up!
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    This is great - what a body transformation! A lot of hard work truly paid off, great job and congratulations :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    You look incredible, you've obviously worked hard!
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    Amazing progress OP!💪 The dedication involved in that transformation is simply amazing.

I think it's very interesting this hasn't gotten a little more attention considering this a motivational platform, but then again, i'm pretty sure why....keep it up!

Why?!!
  • jesslifts
    jesslifts Posts: 34 Member
    Great transformation. You look a lot more different than you think!
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Shut the front door. You look insane! In the best of ways. Congrats girl!
  • PrincessMelodyj
    PrincessMelodyj Posts: 14 Member
    Wow!! You look amazing!! Congrats on your progress!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    What an amazing job! You look fabulous. I tell everyone to take progress pics because the mirror and scale lie. Keep looking at them until your brain catches up and realized just much you have changed. Well done!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    nuzziek wrote: »

Why?!!

It may not be jealousy, just that the vast majority here are in the midst of struggles and these comparisons can cause all kinds of feelings. That, and there's actually a section for Success Stories where people can go or not depending on how they're feeling about taking it on board any given day.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 277 Member
    💪🤩 great job
  • nuzziek
    Thank you so much everyone!!!!!
  • Hubba Hubba - that's more than just a good job! Amazing transformation well done.
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Amazing and inspiring 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • nuzziek

Why?!!

It may not be jealousy, just that the vast majority here are in the midst of struggles and these comparisons can cause all kinds of feelings. That, and there's actually a section for Success Stories where people can go or not depending on how they're feeling about taking it on board any given day.

Ah, I see.. I did not expect any jealousy.. it's weird because I'm still working on my self confidence and accepting the fact that I look good now! You're right that I should have posted it under Success Stories. (Again, hard for me to accept that I'm a Success! So I didn't even think of it!) I truly didn't mean to offend anyone who might be struggling. I was hoping to inspire, and also remind people of how crazy the mind can be catching up to your new reality. Anyway, thanks for answering the question, it was bothering me! :)

And thank you again very much to everyone for the kind words. Keep on truckin..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member

Why?!!

Ah, I see.. I did not expect any jealousy.. it's weird because I'm still working on my self confidence and accepting the fact that I look good now! You're right that I should have posted it under Success Stories. (Again, hard for me to accept that I'm a Success! So I didn't even think of it!) I truly didn't mean to offend anyone who might be struggling. I was hoping to inspire, and also remind people of how crazy the mind can be catching up to your new reality. Anyway, thanks for answering the question, it was bothering me! :)

And thank you again very much to everyone for the kind words. Keep on truckin..

I'm struggling, and you inspired me :)

I've regained weight after moving in with my OH, but I remember when I lost weight before that it took a while for my eyes to catch up. One day in the gym in front of the mirror my brain finally noticed and I was like, wow!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I don't know that anyone was jealous - but a poster who replied to you seemed to imply so. Keep on keeping on, you're doing wonderful!