What are you having for dinner tonight?

Replies

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    EVERYTHING!!! Traditional Christmas dinner of turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing, Brussels, green beans, carrots and gravy followed by my sister's amazing home made Christmas pudding, and my trifle. Start counting calories again tomorrow lol.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    We do Christmas dinner on Boxing Day because that's the day friends can come around, seeing as there is no public transport in London on Xmas day. I will do home style Peking duck for tonight. Tomorrow will be Dickensian roast goose. It will be the white Christmas dinner because the sides are all white, bread and sausage meat stuffing, roast parsnips, roast chicory.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Feast of 7 fishes Italian Tradition. Fish 1, 2, 3, 4. Wild dover sole, wild cod, wild red snapper, anchovy. Broccoli, cauliflower curry, paprika, plant based queso, savory, hot sauce dijon mustard. 1h0ddns2pnnb.jpg
    w4oq34qatojn.jpg
    uhud7rimlz6m.jpg

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Tonight is meatless monday, again :)
    Gonna be.......... puffed tofu on green curry and veggies.

How do you puff the tofu? I'm intrigued.

You go to an Asian store and you buy puffed tofu lol I know it's fried one way or another. When you add it to a curry type dish it acts like a sponge. First time I tried I was blown away.

Thanks - it sounds delicious, I'm going to look for some to try it!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    edited December 2019
    When work is crazy and/or I failed to plan dinner, we have breakfast food for dinner, so tonight we are having eggs, kielbasa, and potato puffs. Half an English muffin for me, a whole one for him. (He also gets more of everything else.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Tomorrow will be more interesting: https://www.177milkstreet.com/recipes/stir-fried-pork-oyster-sauce-green-beans

I'm going to add ground turkey for more protein and serve over rice.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Trying to make up for my lack of veggies for the past several days. :) Had a nice big bowl of leftover roasted veggies for lunch, then a big green salad, with a few tomatoes/cucumbers/peppers thrown in, topped with a can of tuna fish(seeing as how I've been slacking with my protein lately too). Lol
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    I made some turkey burgers last night, about 40G protein, 3g of fat. Might have some veggies eggs and chicken/shrimp fried rice later since i still have 1900 cals left for today. Or i might bank them for a wedding tomorrow, not sure yet.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    sushi!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Homemade chili and cornbread (if my cornbread turns out, lol).
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Bakes salmon in lemon sauce, topped with tomatoes and feta cheese with broccoli, carrots, and potatoes on the side: 570 calories
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Leftover roasted chicken breast (skin on, bone in), with some freshly roasted potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower.

In the meantime I'm making a beef stew to take for lunch the next two days and have on the busy weekend (no potatoes in the stew, I'm using up some leftover rolls with it), and it smells so delicious I kind of want it instead, but lucky it takes a while so I will have to eat before.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    I was going to make black-eyed peas and collard greens but have a ton of black bean sweet potato chili so I'll eat that and a chicken tender. I'll make the other meal this weekend.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Quick throw together from the bits and pieces in the fridge that need used up.

Wilted spinach layered over halved cherry tomatoes, topped with a tbsp black beans, an egg broken over and a little Edam. Baked 12 mins. Served with a green sriracha drizzle.

Satisfyingly delicious! Hope I remember what I did next time I’m being frugal and lazy!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm making a layered tortilla skillet -- flour tortillas cooked with pinto beans, green chiles, salsa, and some nutritional yeast.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Leftover roasted chicken breast (skin on, bone in), with some freshly roasted potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower.

In the meantime I'm making a beef stew to take for lunch the next two days and have on the busy weekend (no potatoes in the stew, I'm using up some leftover rolls with it), and it smells so delicious I kind of want it instead, but lucky it takes a while so I will have to eat before.

my kinda meal!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Carryout Wonton Soup, Jonah Crab claws, baked potato with butter.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    simple taco salad - romaine, seasoned ground chicken, crushed up tortilla chips and Ranch dressing
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Honey mustard butter beans & salad.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Something light. Lunch was excessive!