This is Me

Options
Newbie here. My name is Stephanie and I'm 32 years old. I'm 5'2 and my starting weight is 175๐Ÿ˜–....been overweight my entire life, most of my family has been as well, with the exception of my mother. She's one of my biggest inspirations for getting things under control. She died at 33 of a massive heart attack ( I was only 10). She wasn't overweight but had high blood pressure and cholesterol plus she smoked....she just didn't take care of her health like she should have and I don't want that to be the legacy I leave behind for my son. So today is the day I decided to make a change. My first goal is to hit 160 by Feb 2, 2020 (MY 33rd Bday). I know it's not going to be easy, but its definitely going to be worth it. Looking forward to the positive support that I hope comes with this and seeing everyone's progress and success stories!!!! <3

Replies

• sarah20397
    sarah20397 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your journey! Your family as inspiration will help with motivation when it feels hard
  • Beachlife813
    Beachlife813 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey lady! Thank you for your kind words on my post. Iโ€™m sending you best wishes on your journey as well. Iโ€™m sorry to hear about your mother, but I know she is watching over you and is your biggest cheerleader.
    Iโ€™ll add you as a friend and keep intouch!
  • pyro_guy7
    pyro_guy7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! A toast to your health!
  • popularkidrightnow
    Options
    Hey good luck on your journey

• SDane86
    SDane86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have a wonderful journey and a cheers to your coming successes!
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals ๐Ÿ‘
  • satsat84
    satsat84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great you start on something great in your life. I know you will success and inspire others. ๐Ÿ’ช
  • IndyFitJoe5
    IndyFitJoe5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You sound inspired, that's awesome! Great goal to start things off, you'll hit that and then some.

I'm just starting over... again! This is a new account. Tomorrow, I will start again with a goal to lose 25 lbs by March 7th... wish me well!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome ๐Ÿ‘. You got this.
  • IndyFitJoe5
    IndyFitJoe5 Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Slow start... trying to get rid of all the Christmas leftovers... :/