Do not want to lose more than 15 lbs

I’m 5’2’ 130 lbs, in high school. I have always been underweight/normal but close to underweight due to an eating disorder but now I am definitely not. 115 is a healthy weight for my height. I’m not doing it to look good; I’m doing it to be better at my sports- rock climbing and mountain biking. It is the ideal weight and once I reach it I need to adjust to a maintenance diet. My worry is that I will continue to lose weight or lose it too quickly, like what happened 6 months ago when I reached 100 lbs. That was very dangerous; my hair started falling out, got depressed, etc. I also have a very high metabolism (lots of muscle mass) and worry that fitnesspal will underestimate my caloric needs. Suggestions?

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,159 Member
    Just add in one tablespoon of olive oil to your meals AFTER you reach your desired weight. This can be added to many foods and do it once daily--if you find you are still losing add the olive oil twice a day. I don't know what you eat but outside of fruit or some desserts, the olive oil adds calories w/o adding bulk and it goes down easily.

You can do this, you've got this. Good Luck in 2020.
  • tigerlily8715
    tigerlily8715 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks Linia, great tip! I love olive oil
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,398 Member
    Keep in mind that if you track your rate of loss, you should have the data you need to adjust to maintenance calories once you reach your goal weight. From there you can simply adjust your calorie intake, and that data you have should also account for your activity level in daily life.

If you tend to eat too little, calorie dense foods such as suggested by @LINIA are an easy way to up your intake if you tend to not get hungry. If you like to eat more volume, simply adjust to less calorie dense foods.

Good job on planning ahead for both your goals and avoiding any relapse with the eating disorder. For a lot of people, maintenance can be tougher than it sounds. But if you give yourself a reasonable weight range for maintenance, you have time to figure out what works best for you.
  • tigerlily8715
    tigerlily8715 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you! Currently eating 1,900 - 2,000 calories a day. Trying to lose weight very gradually. For maintenance I might do 2,200 a day, filling in extra calories from fats and carbs.