Crossfit girl

Options
Hey everyone! Prior military and crossfitter, turned couch potato. After gaining 50 pounds and wasting $$$ on gym memberships, enough is enough. The best shape of my life was when I was doing CrossFit and I enjoyed the people there, it reminds me of the military bonds.

I’m just so nerves to walk in the door completely out of shape and lost. I’ve been procrastinating about going for the past few years and I’m planning to go tomorrow. Any words of advice or encouragement?

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    M
    Hey everyone! Prior military and crossfitter, turned couch potato. After gaining 50 pounds and wasting $$$ on gym memberships, enough is enough. The best shape of my life was when I was doing CrossFit and I enjoyed the people there, it reminds me of the military bonds.

I’m just so nerves to walk in the door completely out of shape and lost. I’ve been procrastinating about going for the past few years and I’m planning to go tomorrow. Any words of advice or encouragement?

Just remember that anything you do, no matter how easy, will start you on the road to improvement. You will struggle a little, but your body will feel better when you start moving again. After numerous injuries in the past 10 years, I have had to start over from scratch a number of times—and I am much older than you.

One thing I have learned is that keeping your expectations modest and your effort low at first will make this a much more enjoyable experience and you will get into shape just as quickly.

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Don’t compare today you to past you. Set small, attainable goals and congratulate yourself on achieving them. Maybe enlist help by asking an employee to show you around and talk about classes.

It’s like life....the more we avoid conflict the less confident we feel. It’s always harder/worse in your mind than reality. Go! And then come back and tell us how it went 🙃
  • Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When you were active in crossfit what would your reaction be to someone walking in out of shape from a hiatus? I’m guessing you would be cheering them on and supportive, am I right?
  • Beachlife813
    Beachlife813 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When you were active in crossfit what would your reaction be to someone walking in out of shape from a hiatus? I’m guessing you would be cheering them on and supportive, am I right?

U pretty much hit the nail on the head. If I saw someone else walking in out of shape, I would be cheering them on. Thank u!
  • Beachlife813
    Options
    Thank you from the words of encouragement! It’s sometimes harder for the ego to start over, but I’m learning to put my ego to the side. Being prior military and used to having a lot of friends, it’s sometimes harder to push yourself. Which is why self disapline is more valuable then anything else.
  • Beachlife813
    edited December 2019
    Options
    So guys...., I didn’t make it to CrossFit on Friday. I woke up with a horrible headache I couldn’t shake, which was due to being dehydrated from taking the puppy on a long walk the day before. So I am planning going to the next class this upcoming Wednesday ( or Friday if they are closed on New Years)

I will post a update!
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Good! Thanks for letting us know 😊