Cosmetic Surgery and Weight Lifting

Options
Hello!

I’m planning on getting a rhinoplasty and breast augmentation in November and I’m starting my research process. Any tips are welcome!

I’d also like to know from my weight lifting ladies, how they handled coming back after surgery.

Happy Holidays !

Replies

• xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction at 18. Drove myself 2 hours home the following day. Back to college classes within a week. Couldnt lift over 5lbs for 6 weeks though. I stuck to walking.
  • dimroses
    dimroses Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction at 18. Drove myself 2 hours home the following day. Back to college classes within a week. Couldnt lift over 5lbs for 6 weeks though. I stuck to walking.

I think that’s what makes me cringe a bit... the fact that I won’t be able to lift for a WHILE. How long did you wait?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It’s going to be several weeks before you can lift and even then there might be some restrictions for a little longer.

The surgeons will be able to give you better guidelines. My main advice would be to make *clear* to them that you actively lift weights and you want to return to your routine ASAP. If you aren’t clear and specific, chances are they will give you some generic recommendations that are useless.
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    dimroses wrote: »

I think that’s what makes me cringe a bit... the fact that I won’t be able to lift for a WHILE. How long did you wait?

My guidelines were 6 weeks, I waited about that long.
    I still went to the gym but I did no upper body workouts.
  • dimroses
    dimroses Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    dimroses wrote: »

My guidelines were 6 weeks, I waited about that long.
    I still went to the gym but I did no upper body workouts.

What sort of workouts did you adopt at first ? What where sort of your timelines? How did it feel once you did get back to it ?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have had surgerys but know nothing about this subject, this lady Dani Shugart does and wrote this article
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/breast-implants-for-girls-who-lift
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I’ve had both. I don’t remember how long I had to wait after the nose bc it was back in 2012. With the breast augmentation, you can’t do anything for one month. Elevation in heart rate in the first month can cause hematoma. I was cleared for cardio after four weeks. After six weeks, light legs. Nothing crazy. I waited 3 months before hitting upper body again. Did I panic, yes. Did I lose muscle. Not really. I lost strength & definition. But got it back within 3 weeks.