Calories Burned

Options
I was wondering if anybody on here takes into account their Basal Metabolic Rate (the amount of calories burned per day w/o exercise), any light/office work, showering/bathing, cleaning, etc... whenever they calculate how many calories burned per day.

Since we use energy in everything we do, even now that I am sitting at the computer typing this I am burning 13 calories every 5 minutes, wouldn't it seem logical to calculate all the things we do throughout the day (even if it does seem miniscule)?

Open to others' thoughts on this :)

Replies

• athlete4christ
    Options
    I was wondering if anybody on here takes into account their Basal Metabolic Rate (the amount of calories burned per day w/o exercise), any light/office work, showering/bathing, cleaning, etc... whenever they calculate how many calories burned per day.

Since we use energy in everything we do, even now that I am sitting at the computer typing this I am burning 13 calories every 5 minutes, wouldn't it seem logical to calculate all the things we do throughout the day (even if it does seem miniscule)?

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hiya....calculate for what? to eat back or just for information for ourselves?:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    No this is calculated in your Normal activities.......calories for exercise is doing something.........not clickety clack....unless your just curious how much you burn. But don't count it for your weight loss goal.......:huh:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I think that is calculated into the guided goals on here.
  • criztawl
    criztawl Posts: 34
    Options
    If you calculate all calories that you burn and eat them then you wouldn't lose weight. This site calculates roughly how much you burn a day without doing anything ... you should only be counting your exercise in for eating.
  • startingnow2009
    Options

I absolutely do calculate ALL that...showering...vacuuming...dusting.....EVERYTHING.....in fact for my 45 min of showering and drying off....getting dressed all that I burn almost 300 calories for my weight....it is part of the weight loss and the goal so of course I factor it in hun....

Obviously these activities havent helped me LOSE weight just maintain where I am so I am exercising as well and I dont eat the calories "gained" for those sort of things only activities where I break a sweat and raise my heart rate....and to be fair...at the weight I am now putting on lotion DOES raise my heart rate so technically it is exercise!! :laugh:

157021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary