Huge personal victory (alcohol related)

Options
2»

Replies

• crittytn
    Options
    Great job! I was considering doing a 30-day no alcohol challenge for myself as well. After we get moved on Sunday, I planned to start my MFP fully and will do the 30 days to really jumpstart my weight loss!

Hope you enjoyed that glass of wine!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!! Enjoy that glass of wine!!!!
  • lauralou23
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I don't think you'll ever want to go back to the place you were at a few months ago. Also, you are probably much more productive without the hangovers right!?! Congrats!!!:happy:
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's an incredible challenge and you should be so proud!
    This is exactly what I needed to hear right now. I also drink almost every night. Sometime a glass of wine, sometimes the entire bottle. When I first kicked off my weight loss plan the main thing I eliminated was alcohol. I lost 10 pounds in two weeks! I've been considering cutting it out again, possibly permanently and everyone's posts were very encouraging.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your post is very motivational and timely for me. I also enjoy alcohol (wine) a bit too much and can easily drink an entire bottle - two or more times per week. I have put on 25 lbs over the past 5 years, and I know it's due to my wine consumption, because my diet is relatively healthy. I could however, control my portion sizes better. I have always liked to work out, so that's not been an issue for me either, but when I have the wine the night before, I don't feel like exercising the next day. It's a vicious cycle.

I know I have to lose the 25-30 lbs and there is no way I can do it without laying off booze. You have motivated me to challenge myself for the month of September and see where that gets me. Thank you for your post, and good luck to you and everyone else that shared their story. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!