What are your 2020 fitness goals?

Replies

• blankr3
    blankr3 Posts: 5 Member
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    1. To be able to do pushups on my toes instead of knees, consistently
    2. To be able to run 1 mile without stopping

You can do it! Stay determined, and consistent with your workouts!
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    kbk1335 wrote: »
    Why not start weight training now? Believe me it's awesome and can help you retain muscle as you lose to shape your body and get stronger.

My goal is to get my pre-pregnancy body and strength back and more

Oh? I’ve been under the impression that I need to lose the fat first before building muscle?

Lifting will help preserve muscle and you might even build some depending on where you are starting out. Provided you are physically able I definitely recommend starting now! Once you get closer to goal then you can think about recomp or other methods to build more significant muscle depending on your goals

Agreed Sardelsa. It is definitely harder to build muscle when loosing weight but not impossible. I started my weight training about halfway through my weightloss journey. Still grateful that I did. I did build some muscle, but even more it helped me to feel good about a changing body.
    And with statistics n=1 (so totally not reliable) I think it helped the reduction of flabby skin. I do have some around the stomach area, but it is so minor that I call it my battle scar
  • blankr3
    blankr3 Posts: 5 Member
    My 2020 goals:

1. Run 5 km under 30 minutes (currently running 4km in 30 minutes)
    2. Weight under 95kg (currently 105kg)
    3. Improve mobility and agility
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member

Considering some of the pics I have seen lately; You are well on your way. Totally amazing after baby #3
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    kbk1335 wrote: »
    Why not start weight training now? Believe me it's awesome and can help you retain muscle as you lose to shape your body and get stronger.

Oh? I’ve been under the impression that I need to lose the fat first before building muscle?

Lifting will help preserve muscle and you might even build some depending on where you are starting out. Provided you are physically able I definitely recommend starting now! Once you get closer to goal then you can think about recomp or other methods to build more significant muscle depending on your goals

Agreed Sardelsa. It is definitely harder to build muscle when loosing weight but not impossible. I started my weight training about halfway through my weightloss journey. Still grateful that I did. I did build some muscle, but even more it helped me to feel good about a changing body.
    And with statistics n=1 (so totally not reliable) I think it helped the reduction of flabby skin. I do have some around the stomach area, but it is so minor that I call it my battle scar

Oh ya that's awesome!

Considering some of the pics I have seen lately; You are well on your way. Totally amazing after baby #3

Thanks! I'm definitely getting there, not bouncing back as fast as I did after #2 but I'm doing alright :)
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2020
    1.My first half marathon is January 25th. I just want to finish, no time goals.

2. Running goals for 2020 is to hit 1000 miles for the year which averages around 20 miles per week. Definitely doable.

3. Run a second half maybe in the spring and beat my first time

4. Shed these last 5 pounds and get my maintenance range down to 128-133. Sitting at 133.

Happy 2020 !!
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    My main goal is 205 lbs by July 4 (currently 260)

Second goal is continue a balanced nutrition plan for the year
  • jlhalley7835
    An ultra marathon in July.
    100k along the Ridgeway, one of the oldest roads in Britain.

I recently learned what an ultra marathon was via Joe Rogan and David Goggins. You ultra runners are amazing! Good luck to you!

• mim619
    mim619 Posts: 33 Member
    To finish my half marathon in April under 2:10:00
    To log 1,000 miles running
    To complete all the obstacles in my OCR
    To do unassisted chin ups
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member

I recently learned what an ultra marathon was via Joe Rogan and David Goggins. You ultra runners are amazing! Good luck to you!

Thank you, I hope to be but haven't done it yet!

I read a few articles about them, saw it described as a run where you go really slow and eat all the time, and suddenly it seemed achievable 😄

If nothing else the training for it is really doing all kinds of good things for my figure!
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    My fitness goals for 2020 are:
    • To run at least one race (either location or virtual) per month.
    • Start seriously considering full marathon training...to do that, my goal is to run at least 18 miles in one shot.
    • Lose the 15 lbs I put on over the year due to work and life stress (my clothes still fit...I need to do this to make it easier on my joints when I run)
    • Refire my passion for dancing. I started a barre workout series this week, which is reminding me how much I miss ballet. And I found a ballroom cardio program I'm going to start adding in to my workouts.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    To get down to my goal weight by sometime in March (I have around 15 pounds left to lose).
    Be more consistent in logging my meals.
    Work on my weak areas as far as exercises go. (Push-ups etc)
  • jlhalley7835

Thank you, I hope to be but haven't done it yet!

I read a few articles about them, saw it described as a run where you go really slow and eat all the time, and suddenly it seemed achievable 😄

If nothing else the training for it is really doing all kinds of good things for my figure!

That sounds great for me except the one hundred miles part 😂 post an update after the race!
  • psychrat
    psychrat Posts: 21 Member
    My fitness goal for 2020 is to run my first half marathon race
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    To run marathon #3 in October after giving birth in late May.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    My fitness goals for 2020:

I. Get Faster
    II. Avoid Injury

To do so, need to:
    *Rebuild fitness lost during fifteen month rehab, including dropping 18lbs to return to 2017 racing weight.
    * Target a sub 6 hour finish @ the Half Iron distance in triathlon.
    * Target a sub 1:54:00 finish in an open half marathon.
    * Maintain a regular yoga practice and get regular deep tissue work done to aid recovery and minimize chance of injury.

Stretch Goal: Enter a late season Ironman race.

• StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    My goals are to continue to maintain my weight. To workout at least 3x a week. To eat mindfully.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Maintain my wt bet 147-152# as I have been doing 4 the past 6 months
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Become stronger and leaner. Am committed to taking weight lifting classes and doing free weights at home to supplement.