NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS - SHARE YOURS!

Options
maggie4991
maggie4991 Posts: 19 Member
My new year resolution is the stereotypical 'shed a few kilos' but also the following:

- Try to change my perspectives to be more positive.
- Say 'sorry' less and 'thank you' more.
- Travel overseas alone.
- Make at least 2 new friends.
- Do one thing outside of my comfort zone, currently flipping between vlogging OR skydiving (different levels, I know).

What's your new year resolution(s)?

Replies

• maggie4991
    Options
    New/existing hobbies are always fun!

It's why I want to try vlogging or something of the sort. What sort of hobby are you trying to get back into?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I want to pay off at least a third of my remaning student debt, so about 14k.

I want to read at least 24 books. (It was 52 this year and I failed miserably. So this year I’m being more realistic considering my schedule).

I’d like to leave 2020 much happier, more confident and more loving of myself than I will enter it.

I’d like this to be the year I actually follow through in caring for myself, mind, body and soul.

I want to master a hobby, new or existing.

And spend more time reading, learning and spending time with those I love, over sitting in front of the television.

I think I’ll take a creative writing course as well.

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I rarely make actual resolutions as they never really work out for me, but.. I have a list!
    • Continue to track calories here.
    • Work on better dietary choices and slowly rid my desires for foods that do not contribute to my goals.
    • Work on a different challenge every month and document it. For example, giving up coffee for a month and observing what, if any, changes occur.
    • Draw one hour daily. This will probably also be a challenge at some point.
    • Read 60 books (at least). I read 72 of my pledged 55 for this year, so I'll just increase it by 5.
  • maggie4991
    Options
    All very attainable goals! Hopefully we all reach them!

Any books in particular? I've always loved anything crime related.
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I never have a resolution. Then I wont dissapoint myself, when I dont keep it ;)
  • maggie4991
    Options
    @Cyberbartender, I think it's good to set goals. Doesn't necessarily have to be new years, it's just a good starting point!

@Joeyd727, we all want our sexy back haha but good plan!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    maggie4991 wrote: »
    All very attainable goals! Hopefully we all reach them!

Any books in particular? I've always loved anything crime related.

Nah. I bounce from genre to genre, so just sixty books in general.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Dang...... I already broke it.

*shrug

(maybe next year!)
  • maggie4991
    Options
    @Motorsheen, don't stress! Tomorrow is a new day!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I wanna do things:

- meal planning. Deciding what to cook is an ongoing daily stressor for me so I’m looking to streamline that process a bit

- practice being less of a dillbag to my friends. Invite them over more. Send them cards. Remember some of their kids’ names

- write things. Laugh every day.

- get that weird green stain out of my white ski jacket
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    *To lose the last 10lbs which has now turned into 20 🤦🏾‍♀️
    *Travel more
    *Stay away from toxic people
    *Practice self care more often
    And most importantly...
    *Date 🤴🏾's and NOT 🤡's!!!
  • maggie4991
    Options
    @Cutemesoon I need to stop dating clowns too haha. New year new us!
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have five business goals(every year I pick 3-5) but I'll stick to the personal ones.
    1. Curb my language
    2. Drink a gallon of water per day
    3. Take vitamins
    4. Run 2 miles/day or 14 miles/week(been working towards this as I'm at 1.75 per day now)
    5. Log my food again...I hate it but it keeps me accountable to me
  • fastb20vtec
    fastb20vtec Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cut 15-20lbs and gain more muscle mass, live life to the fullest everyday, spread love and gain quality friends
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I have five business goals(every year I pick 3-5) but I'll stick to the personal ones.
    1. Curb my language
    2. Drink a gallon of water per day
    3. Take vitamins
    4. Run 2 miles/day or 14 miles/week(been working towards this as I'm at 1.75 per day now)
    5. Log my food again...I hate it but it keeps me accountable to me
    6. Beat Michigan

@powerplaymsu

It's a good list; I just added one item for you.
  • maggie4991
    Options
    @powerplaymsu I can agree with point 1. I need to amend my speech from pirate to lady haha, so far so good! Great list though, well done already hitting 1.75 per day already!

@_Miss_chievous_ your illness does not have you, don't spend your time thinking about what if, spend it doing so much that you can instead of saying what if; you can say when I. Stories are better than regrets!
  • maggie4991
    Options
    @tams_89 you're really beautiful! Depending on where you live, if you're in Australia, I'd recommend Gold coast with the kids. Always a fun time, you can always find bargain plane tickets and accommodation.