First intermittent fast

Options
Greetings everyone
I am in the middle of my first fast today.
I was not planning on doing one this soon but I was not hungry this morning or afternoon so I decided to go for it.
I’m amazed at how different I feel already.

Replies

• soysaucekitty
    soysaucekitty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been flirting with intermittent fasting and I must say I like how I feel. I was NEVER EVER a breakfast gal but was forcing myself to eat something because I kept hearing how important it was to eat breakfast. So I was basically forcing myself to eat 300 calories I didn't enjoy. Recently I have been eating between 12:00pm and 8:00pm most days limiting my eating to 8 hours a day. The verdict is still out for me as far as weight loss but I would rather eat my calories after noon. I would much rather have the 300 calories in a glass of wine at night than force down a bowl of oatmeal! We all have or choices and priorities.
  • johnnys_fitness_ch
    johnnys_fitness_ch Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been doing fasted cardio. I am on my second week.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    j400paul wrote: »
    Greetings everyone
    I am in the middle of my first fast today.
    I was not planning on doing one this soon but I was not hungry this morning or afternoon so I decided to go for it.
    I’m amazed at how different I feel already.

Different, how?
  • pigsrock137
    pigsrock137 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love intermittent fasting i always feel lighter/less bloated when I stick to it for a few days (im not perfect with it yet) i got used to not eating in the morning, green tea really helped in the beginning but overall it was pretty easy for me on the weekdays because i have an office job so i just sit all day and don't get hungry from doing that, good luck on your journey!
  • adoucet15
    adoucet15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting for me has workwd the best hands down. I was at my slimmest/healthiest when Idis it.

I was also exercising regularly so my weight loss can be attributes to that. But in times I struggle to work out, IF helps me maintain my body weight, keeps me from feeling stuffed and bloated, and allows me to eat a wider variety of food.

Keep it up and you’ll feel great!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much always eaten that way out of habit and personal preference. I don't like to eat late at night so nothing after 8:00 pm for me. I've never been one for breakfast so I usually eat around noon. I feel better when I follow this pattern but it's definitely not for everyone.
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i shocked my body, lost hair and got very sick from IF.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I basically feel so awful if I don't eat breakfast and a snack before lunch! I'm jealous that people can do this - it's probably a great way to lose weight and learn discipline.