LOUDLY PROCLAIM THINGS!

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I DON'T WANT TO GIVE THE DENTIST 700 DOLLARS OF MY MONEY SIMPLY BECAUSE THE MILITARY SAYS I HAVE TO HAVE THIS CROWN DONE BY A SPECIFIC DATE!

GET A SECOND OPINION (for real) before any major dental work...my dentist recommend a crown for a chip...2 others (second opinions) not, just a filling...needless to say I've changed dentists....and I have no insurance for dental, ~$2000 for a crown here,...yikes! Filling (at $150 here) has worked just fine (so far).

Ugh. I just paid $5,100 of my hard earned, single person's salary for 2 new crowns, a filling & cleaning in CO. I feel your pain... both of you.

And, I agree on 2nd & even 3rd opinions, Vikka... I've gone to dentists in several states with those $59 cleaning/exam/xray coupons... & was told I needed tons of work. MOST of them do this, in my experience. Problem was... all fillings/crowns were brand new as I'd had them done several months before. Many dentists are absolute charlatans.

It's time for another cleaning for me & I just moved... I hope I encounter someone better.

When I first moved to CA, I had a dentist tell me that I needed 10k worth of work done to "restore" the fillings and "issues" in my mouth. I traveled out of my dusty *kitten* tiny town and found a different dentist who only believed in doing the least unless absolutely necessary. He was very much more about prevention.. and he told me that that scam is pretty common (and becoming worse) everywhere. It's more about trying to get you to sign up for a credit card plan through them, insurance through them or a payment plan that they can charge you insane amounts of interest on. How these operations are still legal in the United States is beyond me... but *kitten* no I was not going to pay them 10k to fix fillings that didn't need to be fixed.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I'M GOING TO LOUDLY PROCLAIM SOMETHING POSITIVE...AS OF LAST NIGHT, I'M NOW A MRS.!!!

😁🥰💖

CONGRATS YOU LOVELY BRIDE!💃🤗💞💗🎊🎉🤗👰
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    IVE BEEN TIRED ALL FREAKING DAY FIGHTING THIS BUG....I PASSED OUT AROUND 6 PM FOR 20 MINS WHILE MY SON ATE DINNER AND WAS HORRIFIED BUT ALL WAS WELL..BUT ALL NIGHT IVE BEEN DRAGGING LONGING FOR BEDTIME AND SLEEP.

SO MY SON DECIDED TO STAY UP TIL 1:45 WHEN HE FINALLY CRASHED ....WHY CANT I SLEEP NOW??????!!!😣😒
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I WANT TO WATCH DIRTY HARRY
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5 this morning to drive 2 hours away and in the dark. I HATE DRIVING IN THE DARK
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I DON'T WANT TO GIVE THE DENTIST 700 DOLLARS OF MY MONEY SIMPLY BECAUSE THE MILITARY SAYS I HAVE TO HAVE THIS CROWN DONE BY A SPECIFIC DATE!

GET A SECOND OPINION (for real) before any major dental work...my dentist recommend a crown for a chip...2 others (second opinions) not, just a filling...needless to say I've changed dentists....and I have no insurance for dental, ~$2000 for a crown here,...yikes! Filling (at $150 here) has worked just fine (so far).

Ugh. I just paid $5,100 of my hard earned, single person's salary for 2 new crowns, a filling & cleaning in CO. I feel your pain... both of you.

And, I agree on 2nd & even 3rd opinions, Vikka... I've gone to dentists in several states with those $59 cleaning/exam/xray coupons... & was told I needed tons of work. MOST of them do this, in my experience. Problem was... all fillings/crowns were brand new as I'd had them done several months before. Many dentists are absolute charlatans.

It's time for another cleaning for me & I just moved... I hope I encounter someone better.

When I first moved to CA, I had a dentist tell me that I needed 10k worth of work done to "restore" the fillings and "issues" in my mouth. I traveled out of my dusty *kitten* tiny town and found a different dentist who only believed in doing the least unless absolutely necessary. He was very much more about prevention.. and he told me that that scam is pretty common (and becoming worse) everywhere. It's more about trying to get you to sign up for a credit card plan through them, insurance through them or a payment plan that they can charge you insane amounts of interest on. How these operations are still legal in the United States is beyond me... but *kitten* no I was not going to pay them 10k to fix fillings that didn't need to be fixed.

I'm sorry to hear that... I've heard some sad dental stories.

In fact, an ex-bf had a dentist client, who said they were trained in school to drill out more tooth than necessary so that by the 3rd refill, a root canal & crown will be needed. That's so sad & dishonest. When I lived in SoCal, I was charged $200 to glue in a crown that fell out. Of course the silly thing had to fall out in Palm Springs on a holiday weekend at 4pm... lol.

If anyone wanted to steal my possessions... my teeth are the most expensive things on me! Lol

OH, SORRY FOR NOT SCREAMING! :smile:
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    IVE BEEN TIRED ALL FREAKING DAY FIGHTING THIS BUG....I PASSED OUT AROUND 6 PM FOR 20 MINS WHILE MY SON ATE DINNER AND WAS HORRIFIED BUT ALL WAS WELL..BUT ALL NIGHT IVE BEEN DRAGGING LONGING FOR BEDTIME AND SLEEP.

SO MY SON DECIDED TO STAY UP TIL 1:45 WHEN HE FINALLY CRASHED ....WHY CANT I SLEEP NOW??????!!!😣😒

I hope you have a good day, despite all that, Ali. I've been up since 7pm yesterday, so I understand... I'm dragging today, but I refuse to give in to sleep... too many things to do.

Glad your son was fine & I hope your fever is gone today. I'm sure you'll be all over it after a good night's sleep. :smile:
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    I AM UP TOO EARLY! WHY AM I UP SO EARLY?!?!?
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

(Not yelling): Nah, I know this has to be done. It's on a tooth that my previous dentist warned me about 3 years ago and despite doing self care pretty well during that time, it's just deteriorated to the point that a crown is now necessary. The tooth in question is mostly fillings at this point anyway. Aaaaaaaaaand, this is comparable to what I paid for the last crown I had.. in CA. Bleh. I just don't want to give up 700 dollars (that's for my copay of a dental cleaning, x-rays, crown prepping and the crown itself).

Now yelling: I DREW A CAT DRAGON! I DON'T KNOW WHY Y'ALL NEEDED TO KNOW THAT!!

PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

(Not yelling): Nah, I know this has to be done. It's on a tooth that my previous dentist warned me about 3 years ago and despite doing self care pretty well during that time, it's just deteriorated to the point that a crown is now necessary. The tooth in question is mostly fillings at this point anyway. Aaaaaaaaaand, this is comparable to what I paid for the last crown I had.. in CA. Bleh. I just don't want to give up 700 dollars (that's for my copay of a dental cleaning, x-rays, crown prepping and the crown itself).

PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

HERE YOU GO! I'LL WORK ON COLOR LATER!

a6x0hstdr3so.jpg

JIM HENSON WOULD HAVE LOVED YOU
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options

PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

a6x0hstdr3so.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'M GOING TO LOUDLY PROCLAIM SOMETHING POSITIVE...AS OF LAST NIGHT, I'M NOW A MRS.!!!

😁🥰💖

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

a6x0hstdr3so.jpg

HE WAS A COOL DUDE!
  • Reckoner68
    Options

PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

a6x0hstdr3so.jpg

HE WAS A COOL DUDE!

HE WAS, AND YOUR CAT DRAGON LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING STRAIGHT OUT OF HIS CREATURE SHOP. VERY COOL.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    THIS IS THE MONDAYEST THURSDAY EVER!!!!!!!

NOTE: that does feel good :wink:
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'VE EATEN TOO MUCH OVER THE LAST THREE DAYS AND I DON'T CARE

ME TOO!
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

a6x0hstdr3so.jpg

I LOVE IT!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I DON'T WANT ANY TURKEY UNTIL NEXT CHRISTMAS.